Moo's Custom minimates- 3 'mates added on 4/14/14 pg 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, Got out of the kitchen (don't tell the wife) and made some more 'MATES!

Waverider_mm.JPG

Waverider - Shout out to boyd for the great design, my THANKS!

Ultra_Boy_mm.JPG

Ultra Boy - Always need more Legionaires

Troi_mm.JPG

Donna Troi

triathalon_mm.JPG

Triathlon - Obscure Avenger

Stel_mm.JPG

Stel - Green lantern

Shade_mm.JPG

Shade - JLU Bad Guy

Ms_Marvel_Thing_mm.JPG

Ms Marvel Thing - Gotta do something with all the extra Thing parts..

Hamilton_mm.JPG

Dr. Hamilton - Superman Animated Series and JLU

Evilstar_mm.JPG

Evil Star - JLU Baddy

Elsewhere_mm.JPG

Elsewhere - Dont know much about him, I think he is Batman beyond, really liked the design and colors

Bwanna_nEast_mm.JPG

Bwanna Beast - JLU

blackout_mm.JPG

Blackout - Avengers Bad Guy from under Siege Storyline

Man, your painting is always so nice and crisp; if I could paint like that, I wouldn't use decals either. Evil Star and Blackout are particular standouts from this bunch.

By the way, I meant to ask about your last set of customs: did you sculp Killer Moth's wings from scratch? I made KM a little while ago, but I've yet to find wings that work just right.

THANKS!!

@Hellpop- The Kille Moth wings were just clear plastic from the minimate boxes. I cut it to the sizing I wanted and then bent a small ledge to glue to his back. I was worried but it came out nicely. BTW I went to your Blog spot and stole all your awesome ideas lol. I really liked the Marvel Villians!

THANKS!!

@Hellpop- The Kille Moth wings were just clear plastic from the minimate boxes. I cut it to the sizing I wanted and then bent a small ledge to glue to his back. I was worried but it came out nicely. BTW I went to your Blog spot and stole all your awesome ideas lol. I really liked the Marvel Villians!

Thanks! I'm definitely going to steal the wings idea, so we're even. That should look much better then the ones I made out of construction paper. No, I'm not kidding. It's just a stopgap!

Thanks for the shout-out. It's nice to know I'm inspiring others to create.

There's some great work in your latest batch of customs. I really like the detail on Evil Star and Ultra Boy. And I love your character choices - one of these days I need to make my own B'wana Beast & Blackout.

• 1 month later...

Damn - that Grim Reaper & Ms Marvel Thing are both fantastic. I love how dark and 'inky' Grim Reaper looks - like he just stepped out of a comic. And My Thingvel is so bright and vibrant! Very toyetic! nice work, man. :thumbsup:

@Boyd- No everything is painted on. I tried a sharpie by sometimes it would get a smeared look after sealing. Oh, also GET TO WORK! I want to see what those flashes turn into, the suspence is killing me!

@Everyone, THNX for the kind words and encouragement! It really helps motivate to get the next batch going!

@Boyd- No everything is painted on. I tried a sharpie by sometimes it would get a smeared look after sealing. Oh, also GET TO WORK! I want to see what those flashes turn into, the suspence is killing me!

You're painting the details by hand? Then I am ridiculously impressed by your painting. That kind of brush work astounds me.

And I'll have the Flashes finished up soon. But wouldn't you rather know what I'm doing with an extra Destroyer, or with a spare Dr. Fate helmet and Dr. Strange cape?

• 2 weeks later...

Korg_MM.JPG

Korg from planet hulk

Shout out goes to Rheul for his wonderful idea!

I found some shoulder pads and then did a light yellow wash over his texture to give hime a slightly different tint than the orange rock man.

Da wife has also addd a page on her facebook if anyone wanted to check out any of my other work of work in progress!

Heres the link, thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Through-the-Geeking-Glass-Michael-OShields/235449299866866

Oh! and she made me add "pretty" headings to all my pics lol, I kid but she helped spruce up all the pics!

Edited by moo2172

Arisia.JPG

The Green Lantern Arisia

Demon_mm.JPG

The Demon Etrigan, Big Shout out to Luke for his wonderful design!

Dr_Midnite_mm.JPG

Dr midnite

Fixer_mm.JPG

The Fixer, Always trying to find a way to use Galactica Helmets!

Granny_Goodness_mm.JPG

Granny Goodness, Win some you lose some, not as excited about this one

Gypsy_mm.JPG

Gypsy

Meagan_mm.JPG

Meagen Martian, A request from my daughter for her new favorite character from Young Justice

Namorita_mm.JPG

Namorita, I know the may make an officail one but I had to use the ankle wings for something

Prometheus_mm.JPG

Prometheus, I really liked this character

Puff_adder_mm.JPG

Puff Adder, another attempt to use up Galactica helmets

Rocket_racer_2_mm.JPG

Rocket racer, for me, I was bitter to send the first one to his new home...

Ronan_mm.JPG

Ronan the accuser, I tradition of keeping the weekly Ronan custom alive!

Star_Spangled_Kid_mm.JPG

Star Spangled Kid

Talia_mm.jpg

Talia Ah Ghul

Uhura_mm.JPG

Uhura, finally, all my large Trek customs are now complete!

Vigilante.JPG

Vigilante, dont know much about him, just like the visual design

-

Thats all for now, i will be taking a break from mini-mating for a short time as my wife makes me concentrate on some Star Wars Geeky-ness for her. You can check it out as work progresses at Facebook. in the meantime I will continue to stalk all of you and steal you ideas!! THANKS! -Moo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Through-the-Geeking-Glass-Michael-OShields/235449299866866