UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Watchmen Kubricks

karamazov80

I've ordered these in through my work. We're still waiting on them in Canada. Poor Canada, always behind. :(

I can see where you're going with that Sam but I perhaps feel that Medicom are releasing 2 box sets each of 3 basic figures & the blind-boxed series where there will be an opportunity to find the secrets. The latter sets are available now on ebay.

Do you recall seeing this type of release before with any Kubricks? Seems a bit strange to release them this way. . .not that I'm complaining. The box sets are crazy cheap as far as Kubricks go, and if I want chases, I will buy them on eBay--no searching and hoping for me. I would be shelling out another $20-30 based on current eBay prices for the "basic" set of 6 over what I'm anticipating paying BBTS (no guarantee they won't raise the price before they arrive, or that the box sets are still being released at all).

Edited by karamazov80

Whilst I can't confirm anything about the box-sets, I can confirm that there is a chase for the blind-boxed set because I've just seen this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Watchmen-kubrick-serie...%3A1%7C294%3A50

It's very unusual to have just one secret in a kubrick wave,in fact I can't think of another occasion where this has happened!

Edited by buttheadsmate

Yeah, I don't think we will understand until the whole box set debate is resolved. Could be they were manufactured for the box sets, and they were packaged up in single boxes for the Japanese market, which could account for there being only the one chase. If 1 Manhattan is released per ever 4 3 packs with him in it, then that would mean there was really 1 for every 24 figures released in the box sets, which would ultimately make him far less rare than the 1/96 that he currently seems to be.

Whilst I can't confirm anything about the box-sets, I can confirm that there is a chase for the blind-boxed set because I've just seen this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Watchmen-kubrick-serie...%3A1%7C294%3A50

It's very unusual to have just one secret in a kubrick wave,in fact I can't think of another occasion where this has happened!

I only slightly dabble in kubricks so I may be wrong but I think the batman set only had 1 secret pack in which was spoiler (which I still need to find lol)

I only slightly dabble in kubricks so I may be wrong but I think the batman set only had 1 secret pack in which was spoiler (which I still need to find lol)

Whilst you're absolutely right & you can add all the Marvel Waves as well now I think of it, I was thinking along the lines that all the Watchmen figures are packed in equal numbers except for the secret at 1:96. This of course is probably not the case ( :D ) & some of the Watchmen figures may be rarer than others. Time will tell & thanks for correcting me.

For the box sets, could they also be released like the Halo 3 ones? Full sets in one box, but one chase box containing the variant?

• 2 months later...

The box sets are now available at Toys R Us.com:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3684858

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3684857

My gut tells me they are gonna have to lower the price if they want to sell these.

If Minimates costed $7 each, you might be singing a different tune ;)

I do understand what you are saying, though. Being a Kubrick collector, these prices are pretty much par for the course. But for non-Kubrick collectors, I don't think they will be, and I'm not completely sure that they should be for a Kubrick collector either, because we aren't buying imports here, which helps to account for the reasonably high secondary market prices for these.

Edited by karamazov80

I saw the two sets at TRU this weekend and I have to say, I wasn't impressed. For me, the characters just don't translate well into the Kubrick style. I like Kubricks too, I'm not just hating. I was looking forward to seeing these and I will most likely buy the WTWTA Kubricks. But at $20 for 3 lackluster figures (and $40 if you want the whole set), that's a little too much.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Kubrick 3-packs are available from Amazon.com (there should be a banner link at the top of the page here) for $12.49 each. Buy them both and another "free shipping" qualifying item costing more than 2 cents, and you get free shipping in the U.S.

You can find such items here:

http://www.filleritem.com/index.html?r=

Edited by karamazov80