UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 13 Out This Week*

storm 1:08

I kinda feel sorry for the stores that carry these, the Kitty/beast pack will sell out pretty quickly and the poor shops will be stuck with the other 2 packs... $9 for 2 figs or $10 for 4.... Hmmmmm tricky choice!

T.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I kinda feel sorry for the stores that carry these, the Kitty/beast pack will sell out pretty quickly and the poor shops will be stuck with the other 2 packs... $9 for 2 figs or $10 for 4.... Hmmmmm tricky choice!

T.

Yep, specialty gets screwed. It's not like the NA set where they are split amongst the 2-packs evenly without Spider-Woman. They should have done the same with the AXM sets. This way there is some incentive in getting either one or the other.

Yep, specialty gets screwed. It's not like the NA set where they are split amongst the 2-packs evenly without Spider-Woman. They should have done the same with the AXM sets. This way there is some incentive in getting either one or the other.

Yeah, problem is with NA, you have more then six teammates, while Astonishing's just at six teammates exactley...there isn't anyone they could have stuck in the TRU pack that's already been released with some new feature who's part of the team. At best, they could have had Shadowcat unphased, or Wolverine masked, but i have a feeling those two versions are going to end up at Tarjay at some point....

Yeah, problem is with NA, you have more then six teammates, while Astonishing's just at six teammates exactley...there isn't anyone they could have stuck in the TRU pack that's already been released with some new feature who's part of the team. At best, they could have had Shadowcat unphased, or Wolverine masked, but i have a feeling those two versions are going to end up at Tarjay at some point....

I dunno, Agent Brand could have been easily done, after all they could use Fury as a base for it, that would've been quite a cool and easy to do figure. Ord and Danger were also possibilities, albeit trickier, even a Prof X would have done, he's been in AXM. Anything to make the TRU 4-Pack less of a speciality killer would've been nice.

Glad you all liked my hat eating, it tasted better than you'd expect.

Thanks to all who posted for the pics and information.

Question:

How is the quality of these minimates? Has AA's production facility improved this batch of minimates over the last few releases (i.e. Speed Racer, Target GSXM and the Marvel TRU 4-Packs)?

I'm hoping for no broken leg joints, mispaints, and better plastic quality.

:rolleyes:

I would assume that Wave 12 also has the new, slight packaging designs? Either way, the Wikipedia Minimates page is getting a "Packaging History" section.

That's a great idea, gerg!

I just got the E. Spectrum newsletter from DST and it says that Wave 12 & 13 are shipping!

Question:

How is the quality of these minimates? Has AA's production facility improved this batch of minimates over the last few releases (i.e. Speed Racer, Target GSXM and the Marvel TRU 4-Packs)?

The quality is the same as the earlier, high-quality batches. They do not have the following issues:

Tampo Painting - This was an issue with the New Avengers Toys R Us set. Mainly Sentry and Riot Attack Spider-Man.

Fused Joints - This was an issue with the Target Nightcrawler hips/legs from the Nightcrawler/Colossus 2 pack. Also an issue with the female ninja from the Indy Mates box set (whatshername).

Paint over cheap white plastic - I found this on the original batch of SF2 Minimates and a batch of LOTR wave 1 Minimates from TRU. Others have reported this on other figures. I have since replaced my LOTR and SF2 Minimates with higher quality versions when I could. I found higher quality SF2 mates at TRU.

Question:

The plastic quality is the same. As for miss-paints my beast does have a little bleeding of a line but Kitty is right on. That is how it always is. I am sure that most people got a great Beast, because it is only on one line, the rest of him is great. Over all I am very happy with my set. While I can't speak for the Target sets Series 13 are the same quality as my TRU 4 pack. This is surprising because for a mass-market set the TRU 4 pack was really good.

Suckity suck suck.

So much for a quick and easy Beast in the blue trunks.

... gotta sort through some torsos and find a match.

-M

Try Classic Cyclops, available now in Target stores, or Thanos.

That might be too Dark... possibly Spidey 2099?

I'll let you know when I see one in the flesh.

T.