UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 13 Out This Week*

storm 1:08

That might be too Dark... possibly Spidey 2099?

I'll let you know when I see one in the flesh.

T.

I was just tossing out some blank blue chests. I won't know what works myself until I have a Beast in hand.

Anybody want a $20 chae DOFP Wolverine with a busted leg right out of the box?!

:angry:

OMG! You've got to be kidding?! Bad enough Nightcrawler had some bum legs, but for a f'd up variant...

I do hope you can get an exchange or refund. Definitely something I'd contact the Powers that Be about.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he's mending with some plastic model glue, the 'ball' that inserts into the leg broke right off, so if the glue holds at least you won't be able to notice. Still kinda frustrating I drove all the way to Long Beach and dropped $20 bones. Oh well he still looks cool. No truth to LA having series 12 though.

After getting some of these. I totally dislike how they picture the minimates and the packaging just have a dated/bland look. They must have gotten a new designer cause they loose points. They lost some appeal. Big mistake imo. I like the old 2-pack box packaging better.

After getting some of these. I totally dislike how they picture the minimates and the packaging just have a dated/bland look. They must have gotten a new designer cause they loose points. They lost some appeal. Big mistake imo. I like the old 2-pack box packaging better.
I actually like the new packaging! More eye-catching with the blueness!

Well, Wave 13 arrived here in East Coast Canada today, went over and picked up my set at lunch time. My DOFP Wolverine doesn't appear to have any problems with it, the hands have a lousy paintjob, but seeing as I don't really care about the figure that's fine. Hey, does anybody know why on the back of the package they call the alternate Sentry "Raft"? I'm sure there's a reason....

Hey, does anybody know why on the back of the package they call the alternate Sentry "Raft"? I'm sure there's a reason....

Yeah no problem, the Raft is the name of the prison for superhumans that the Sentry was imprisoned in. A huge riot/breakout occured there and he was one of the superheroes that helped stop it and he along with those superheroes went on to form the New Avengers. Sorry but I'm a bit rusty on the details, you could easily get the full story on Wikipedia.

Hey, does anybody know why on the back of the package they call the alternate Sentry "Raft"? I'm sure there's a reason....

Yeah no problem, the Raft is the name of the prison for superhumans that the Sentry was imprisoned in. A huge riot/breakout occured there and he was one of the superheroes that helped stop it and he along with those superheroes went on to form the New Avengers. Sorry but I'm a bit rusty on the details, you could easily get the full story on Wikipedia.

and when the villians broke out of the raft, sentry caught carnage. then, he flew him into space, and ripped him in half... it was awesome.

I got my Series 13 case last night. Its good to finally be getting new minis.

I don't think the packaging stands out as nicely, but I'm just happy to have new figures.

I am more interested in Series 12 than 13. Figures...

See, I knew there was a reason he was called Raft, thanks guys. Can't read every comic that comes out, just not that rich, but that series sounds like one I wish I had. Okay, now I want me a Raft Sentry, just so he can toss around my Carnage....

Silver Jet, I don't read many comics these days. I find it hard to keep up, so I buy a lot of TPBs in my old age. However, I do subscribe to New Avengers and it is (IMO) one of the best storylines out there. It is touched by the whole Civil War drama, but still tries to maintain its own presence.

Silver Jet, I don't read many comics these days. I find it hard to keep up, so I buy a lot of TPBs in my old age. However, I do subscribe to New Avengers and it is (IMO) one of the best storylines out there. It is touched by the whole Civil War drama, but still tries to maintain its own presence.

I do the same, for the most part. I like them much more, there's no anticipation. plus, most of them come in hardback, which I LOVE!!! they look so sleek and awesome on a shelf, and proudly display my nerdiness :P

actually, I own more tpb's than I do comics. and that's saying alot. given, about a year ago, I was forced to part ways with my entire collection (thousands), but i've built myself up a pretty decent collection again.

but I stray from my point, tpb's are awesome.

So I just picked up a DOFP Wolverine/Colossus 2-pack for just over $19 CDN (which is around $17 US). Not a bad price but I have to say that I'm disappointed with the hand choice for the DOFP Wolverine. Mine seems to have the bulky-claw-hand, which is the same as my NXM Wolverine, where the back of the hand isn't round but has some kind of square piece on it. You can see pics of what I'm talking about here.

From Series 6 and on it seems like the claw-hand has gotten more streamlined so why would they go back to this bulky version?

Just as an update, my LCS didn't have any new MiniMates for me yesterday. I'm in Austin, TX.

Which store do you go to? Austin Books was good about getting the new Minimates in while I shopped there.

I go to Dragon's Lair. I've never had a problem getting MiniMates from them in the past, including a really fair price on the chases. I think they order them just for me, because the ones I don't buy tend to sit around for a while...

Hopefully they'll be in this Wednesday.

Dragon's Lair is good for Minimates, too. I picked up an extra C3 Javelin there once. I'm surprised that they haven't gotten the new waves in yet. Like you said, hopefully this week.

They've always gotten what I need, so I'm happy to shop there. In fact, they generally charge me standard retail for the chase packs.

Called them up just now, and the guy said that he didn't see any new MiniMates. :-( Anyone else not on the west coast get them at their LCS?

• 4 weeks later...