UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

need advice. PS3. or XBOX?

murderofcrows

Well I only own the ps3 so I will talk about the ps3 and if it sounds like something you'd like then you got a answer,but if not well then xbox is the answer.So basically the ps3 is a large media center,with built in blu-ray and netflix.The ps3 also has mostly action/adventure exclusives for example:Infamous,uncharted,god of war,ratchet and clank,little big planet etc......While the xbox 360 has shooters:Halo,gears of war etc.......While PS3 really is all about single player games{the games I mentioned above,not counting little big planet}While the xbox 360 has a focus on great multiplayer service.So basically it's your choice to whatever you like as I said before.

I prefer ps3

Edited by darkredshdow

I'm a 360 guy myself, but as others have pointed out, there are advantages to both. Both have built in wi-fi and can stream Netflix, but PS3 does have the built in BD player. Both also have exclusives to their consoles, PS3(Uncharted, God of War) and 360(Halo, Gears of War). Hopefully Neolego can stop in and chime in, since he has both. I'm going to stick with my 360 for the time being, sorry I couldn't be more help.

Pretty sure neither of mine have built-in wifi, since I have the older models. I really wish they did, since the PS3 is on the other side of the house from my modem.

All PS3 models have built in WIFI my friend. I have both and the only reason to have a 360 is if you are into Halo. The PS3 is a monster of awesomeness. I love that it plays Blurays and not to mention that the online multiplayer is free where the 360 is $59.99 a year. I can not even remember the last time I turned on my 360 since Netflix came to the PS3. For the money that you are spending the PS3 is the better deal.

Hrm, need to figure out how that works, then. :lol:

Somewhere in settings and internet settings or internet connecction or something like that you cna change it from wired to wi-fi. Why wi-fi is not default I will never know. The PS3 setup seems to live to screw with me. When I first got the thing none of the games were doing sound. Movies did, the menus did. But games? Nada. Turns out you had to go through sound settings once, clicking on stufff I don't remember, to turn on the game sound. It was basically a hidden "Turn On Game Sound" button. Which, like wi-fi, makes no ******* sense.

I have both, and I play 360 a lot more than PS3.

Some of my buddies have said the same thing :unsure: I definitely think there needs to be some restructuring in the Live stuff and needing to be a Gold Member to access things. Why there isn't some sort of discount for GM is beyond me and some of the app's are a bit redundant. I used to access Netflix via my 360, but now I do it through my BD player. I'm sure that will change once I take my extra one downstairs though :D Still, I'd pick the 360 over the PS3.

Strictly my opinion: the PS3 is a better machine from a hardware standpoint while, the 360 seems to be the choice for most serious gamers for some reason. I personally own a 360 it crapped out after 2 years (I played it alot) and Microsoft gave me a new one.

I love my PS3. It seems to have great value as more than just a console. In my house, it gets more use as a DVD/BD player and Netflix ready device than it does as a gaming console. I prefer third-person platform type games, and the PS3 delivers with series like God of War and Uncharted. I've never played HALO. That probably matters.

Xbox LIVE is more than just the ability to play online.

-User Interface : allows for easy access to everything, such the ability to pause a game of CoD multiplayer and load up a game of GTA 4 right off of your hard-drive within a matter of a minute.

-Community : -the ability to join into parties with your friends an easily join a match together

-Simplicity of meeting new people online via games and added them to your "friends" list within a few seconds

- Availability : New content is being added every day (free/payed) for your enjoyment

-Exclusives, those Playstation bros like to brag about exclusives, but really there is a counter to every sing game except Little Big Planet

eg: Halo: Killzone, Uncharted: Gears of War, God of War: Codename Kingdoms (2011 title), Gran Turimso: Forza 3

Although X/bros get X-Com wich is a bioshock-esq game (exclusive

What it comes down to is what your friends have, the multiverse is a split community, many a great man has a playstation and many another has an xbox. If your friends are not into gaming, then I would suggest whatever is cheapest ATM ( at the moment) of your purchase, as both offer tripple A quality multiplatform games such as Red Dead Redemption and Call of Duty.

Hope that helps and if you end up buying an xbox and becoming an x/bro then my gamertag is FEVERandCRYSIS

Same here, I have both systems and will always recommend the 360 over a PS3 for games that are available on both, however I feel that the PS3 is a better value with the Blu-ray player.

It will be interesting to see if Microsoft switches to Blu-Ray drives for the next iteration of the XBox console.

That would be funny considering that Sony owns that technology.

Popular myth, Sony doesn't "own" Blu-ray, however MS would have to pay a license fee for each unit produced, thus partially padding Sony's wallet in the process.

"Blu-ray has a lot of grandfathers. A lot of people call it a Sony standard but by our estimates Sony doesn't even have 30 percent of the IP," Doherty said. The top four intellectual property holders are likely Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer, and Warner."

Blu-Ray victory over HD-DVD