UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mini Javelin $300 Do you have one

rx78jj

Recently on Ebay I spotted a MIB Mini Javelin that ended up selling for $300.00. I was thinking to myself, "Damn that's alot of money." Then I remember way back when they first came out and I was so fortunate enough to get one cus my g/f bought it for me as a birthday gift for $15. The only reason I got it was for Flash, but I couldnt believe that somone would pay $300.00 for one.I don't know wether to feel lucky to have one or just really weird cus they are going for this kinda money. Also does anyone here happen to own one and if so how'd you get it?

Recently on Ebay I spotted a MIB Mini Javelin that ended up selling for $300.00. I was thinking to myself, "Damn that's alot of money." Then I remember way back when they first came out and I was so fortunate enough to get one cus my g/f bought it for me as a birthday gift for $15. The only reason I got it was for Flash, but I couldnt believe that somone would pay $300.00 for one.I don't know wether to feel lucky to have one or just really weird cus they are going for this kinda money. Also does anyone here happen to own one and if so how'd you get it?

I don't, but a lot do. This has been talked about in the Ebay Findings for a while now.

I pre-ordered one via CornerStoreComics... a lot of people have not-so-great things to say about that site, but I've gotten the majority of my mates through them. But if I had known that the mini javelin was going to be so crazily in demand, I sure would have picked up several. I'd hate to think of what would happen if I somehow lost or damaged my Martian Manhunter or Flash...

Couldn't find the Mini Javelin anywhere....I had to get the Flash Mini Flyer and traded for a Martian Manhunter..... ah well, i'm sure if I did have one and decided to sell it.....I wouldn't get anywhere Near $300 for it. That's quite messed up really....

I've got two... One I got from Cornerstore on a pre-order.. The other I bought from a member on the old AA board when they were clearing out their collection. As for the $300... That's gotta be a fluke. I really doubt that the other ones that have popped up on eBay are going to go anywhere near that...

I'm putting my opened one up in ebay later tonite to help fund my trip to L.A. in a few weeks. I'm sure I won't get even half as much as the one that was just sold, but every bit of money is really gonna help me since my bonus from work has been postphoned until the end of November and I leave for L.A. in a few weeks.

Be sure to pimp the link... Somebody on here will buy it... Hell, I can always use more for my Watchtower hanger...

At any rate, months after the Wave 2 C3 stuff sells out in North America, I walk into local Big W and notice Mini-flyers. Ah, that's nice. What's... that's a Mini-Javelin! Don't have one of those! Score!

It quickly dawned on me that there was a second one there, and realizing there was still demand snapped it up to and a Big W catalog to confirm the location of stores nearby where upon I found others and Batcycles. Grand total, 5 Mini-Javs for trading selling purposes. Most were traded with people on the AA boards, but I sold at least one on Ebay, it went for "just" $30US, each one was $20Aus retail (around $11US)

mini-jav5.jpg

mini-jav5-2.jpg

And if anybody asks do I have any left, I will HIT you.

I bought both of mine on eBay in the early days of their release, paid 7.99 each BIN, could have bought six and maybe I should have. By the way, for those saying this $305 dollar auction for one is just a fluke, check out this:

Second Javelin Auction

This ones already going for $100, and there's still five days to go. Don't think it's a fluke any more...

As well, a Batcycle went for $51.99 just a couple of days ago, which might suggest that there just isn't that many Wave 2 items out there anymore, mint in box or otherwise....

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of the few sets that I have yet to track down for my collection. Guess that' the price to pay for starting this addiction after the series was over and done. I think a lot of people are just like me, looking at these sets with renewed interest due to the upcoming DC minimates. I personally am more interested in the minimates that the mini javelin, but the mates by themselves go for nearly as much on ebay these days.

I suspect prices on this one will drop once we get a new Martian Manhunter and a new Flash from DCD. I doubt people are buying this set for the C3 bricks. :D Sure - some are buying it to round out their collections, but I think the minimates are the driving force behind this set's outrageous prices.

I bought mine on ebay for about £70 (or about $140), but theres no way in hell (that my wife would let me) pay $300.

I suspect prices on this one will drop once we get a new Martian Manhunter and a new Flash from DCD. I doubt people are buying this set for the C3 bricks. :D Sure - some are buying it to round out their collections, but I think the minimates are the driving force behind this set's outrageous prices.

That would certainly explain why every auctiion with a flash or manhunter minimate without the javelin or the other figure skyrockets.

• 3 weeks later...
I just got mine this weekend for $14. I figured that was a great price. :P The debate now is if to open it or sell it. Thoughts?

Trade it to me :P . I'd kill for a Manhunter. Really though, if you would, I may have to hunt you down to say thanks in person.

Where did you get one for $14?!? :o

2 & 2 says he was at WW Texas and some poor stall holder didn't do their homework!

Nice find Dinobot.

T.

2 and 2 make 4.

I took yalls advise. I've got Flash and John sitting here on my desk. Man the flash rocks! I don't know if it's his mask or what, but he just screams "sex object"

They're still easily resealable if I ever decide to can them. Havent opened the actual flyer (don't intend to)

Free your mates and your arse will follow. Or something.

They always look better on display, mates, not arses. Though obviously ladies' arses are fine when they're displayed, unless they're big ol flabby hairy ones.

You've made the right choice not building the mini jav it's nothing special The only good C3 vehicles were the batmobile and batwing. The rest of em are just cack!