UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

I found this a few months ago, it is power rangers mega bloks motorcycle. there were a few of them. the cool thing for me, the feet fit into the pegs, and the hands can fit on the handlebars, but i switched out the mega bloks guy's hands with minimates hands, and they fit just fine, and have a better grip when riding.

post-21-0-51575700-1398782045_thumb.jpgpost-21-0-06059700-1398782047_thumb.jpgpost-21-0-65930000-1398782048_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is discussed from time to time, but has anyone yet found a good motorcycle that fits Minimates just yet?

Side note, and come to think of it; if Marvel wont allow licencing for Minimates vehicles, can't DST make a generic motorcycle for a non Marvel line?

Rick rode a motorbike in the Walking Dead. He also rode a horse. Maybe we need to start bugging Robert Kirkman.

It's quite sexy isn't it. A bit regal, while remainnig practical. I often think the 'Trench-coat-as-cape' thing can be a bit lame, but this looks pretty nice.

Okay, guys. I'd love some input. I'm planning alittle ahead and wish to use the Cletus head that comes in the DFoSM box set to kitbash a civilian Cletus Kasady, but I'm not sure which look to go for.

I was thinking to go first with a white t-shirt, belt and blue pants combo as he's appeared like that in a lot of things and I've seen some toys floating on google sporting that look.

Or

Full blown prison look? I know the Walking Dead mates have orange jumpsuits and I think Carnage only wore blue ones. For that matter, is there Minimate straight jackets? That'd be cool!

Or

White muscle shirt (wife beater?) I hate that term, wife beater, but ya know. I'm sure we have some of those already made, no?

There is a straitjacket in the silence of the lambs set. It's an accessory of Hannibal the Cannibal. I myself am buying 3 sets so I'll probably make straitjacket Cletus, white t-shirt and jeans Cletus and bare chest and underpants (from the Selving TTDW set) Celtus.If i had to go with just one though, i'd go with the straitjacket version.

Edited by Kostisfire

If you were going for the muscle shirt look Abraham Ford in the Walking Dead line would be a good choice. Street Fight Wolverine from the last movie would be another choice but the muscle detailing and hairy chest don't seem quite like Kasady to me.

Thank, Kostisfire! I'll look into the straight jacket, had no idea they made one.

And also thank you, Stack32! I fortunately own both Abraham and that street fight Wolvie. I also think the hairy chest might not really fit Cletus. I'm hoping the Abraham torso and arms match the skin tone the Cletus head has.

Too bad those straight jackets aren't easy to come by, I would love to populate a Ravencroft diorama with Spider-Man's rogues!

True that. I remember a while ago (2011 or 2012) when Luke had a bunch of SotL sets at sale and I didn't buy even one. Now, only Hannibal I think costs 15-20 dollars.

If you are wanting a blue prison jumpsuit, the Silence of the Lambs set has Hannibal in a blue prison jumpsuit, which is the same set that has the straightjacket in it.

I got one SotL set but have parted out all of the set except I kept my orange suited Hannibal in his straightjacket on the two-wheeled cart for a display of Minimates I have at work.

Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

33n9i8m.jpg

got to hype for this movie. decided to make a quick dofp wolvie. the suit isn't that noticeable but its detailed not just solid black like the picture is showing. i might put the blue first class arms on him though.

also made a quick xavier with picard head and first class body! not bad.

auay6w.jpg

I thought there was a preview that showed future wolverine with bone claws, which is a continuation of The Wolverine.

We might both be right, it is a time travel movie.