UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hellpop's Customs-- Optimus Prime and Megatron!

hellpop

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love the Secret Six, and your customs. Any chance we'll see a Ragdoll?

I dunno. I'm honestly not a big fan of the character. I don't know how well he'd translate to a Minimate, since he's so long and spindly. But yeah, he is part of the core team, and I've already got the checkered legs from... somebody, so maybe. I do have ideas for Black Alice, though.

BTW, Boyd, I dunno if you saw it, but I gave a shout out to you on my blog and that great Deadshot custom you did years ago. I still think that's one of your best.

These look so good I want to kiss you on the mouth.

Ah... thanks? :ermm:

Anyway... continuing to roll out my recent work... I think Luke did a commission of this guy a while ago, but never showed him, so I want to get him out before he totally upstages me:

post-1943-0-73682500-1309406564_thumb.jp

Yep, Miracleman. And, for good measure, Miraclewoman:

post-1943-0-23808700-1309406621_thumb.jppost-1943-0-09451300-1309406653_thumb.jp

Now, I know what you're thinking: where can I go to get those sweet, sweet decals? What kind of hoops must I jump through? Why, none, sir! Simply go here and feel the love!

• 3 months later...

Wow - loving your Constrictor!

Back/Whiplash looks really great! Although he seems to be having trouble with his cape. It might be more work that it's worth, but i think HobGoblin has a cape that accommodates the bag strap if you feel like painting it purple.

Loving Black Tom too! I'm surprised we haven't gotten an official one yet. Don Blakes cane from wave 42 will go nicely with Tom too!

Edited by Nessex

Wow - loving your Constrictor!

Back/Whiplash looks really great! Although he seems to be having trouble with his cape. It might be more work that it's worth, but i think HobGoblin has a cape that accommodates the bag strap if you feel like painting it purple.

Loving Black Tom too! I'm surprised we haven't gotten an official one yet. Don Blakes cane from wave 42 will go nicely with Tom too!

Yeah, the cape doesn't fit quite right because of the purse, er, I mean, the European carry-all. I've thought about cutting the strap down to accommodate it, but... eh. It stays well enough. My bigger problem with him is getting the !@#$ ponytail to stay on; the superglue doesn't seem to take to the paint on his mask very well.

Someone else came up with the idea of painting Cloak's... er... cloak red to make current Marvel crime boss Parker Robbins' alter ego;

And who else could that someone be, other than your old nemesis "Bob Harris"?

In other news: very cool Constrictor!

Your paint job looks a lot better then mine, too. :biggrin: I don't think yours is the one I saw, actually; the one I remember making me say "I should pick up an extra Cloak and do that" was wearing a jacket. Some customs, like turning Skaar into Conan, are too easy/perfect not to do.

Someone else came up with the idea of painting Cloak's... er... cloak red to make current Marvel crime boss Parker Robbins' alter ego;

And who else could that someone be, other than your old nemesis "Bob Harris"?

In other news: very cool Constrictor!

Your paint job looks a lot better then mine, too. :biggrin: I don't think yours is the one I saw, actually; the one I remember making me say "I should pick up an extra Cloak and do that" was wearing a jacket. Some customs, like turning Skaar into Conan, are too easy/perfect not to do.

You're right. And the one you've seen could have been Luke's improvement.

I really like the new entries, especially Black Tom! He has been on my to-be-customized list for years, and for some reason I have never made him. Now that I can borrow your decal and recipe I have no more excuses. :)

Considering how many of yours I've used over the years, nothing would make me happier. :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome! I was a huge TMNT fan growing up. I think the knee pads are a little too high though. They might look better if you glued them to the shin.

And is anyone else surprised these haven't been made yet? I'd kill for 2 box sets - one with the Turtles, and one with Splinter, Shredder, Casey, and April!

Edited by Fujis

I cut up a kneepad to try just that, and I just didn't like the way it looked. Also, I think the high knee pad makes them look a little squatter, and more turtle-esqe. I realized, while I was making these, that if I'd really been on the ball I'd have split the decal between the chest and crotch parts. Oh well....

those are lovely, though perhaps they could do with different face decals. Even back in the old comics they had their own distinct personalities... maybe not as much as the films and cartoon, sure.

I've actually got an Eastman and Laird style Leo tattoo on my arm, and whenever someone sees it they're all 'oh, cool... Raph!' I then bore them with an origin story.