UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Wars figures

handsomedevil

I looked through here and didn't see any general Star Wars figure threads, so here we go!

After watching the Clone Wars movie a few weeks ago, watching the show occasionally and playing The Force Unleashed, I have found myself spending a little more time at the Star Wars section of the toy aisle. Truth be told, I'm a recovering Star Wars addict that would buy just about any figure. Hell, I'd even buy the same figure if it had a new cardback or accessory!

Anyway, I spotted a Cad Bane figure and bought it. I swear I'll be very prudent this time and only buy a few select (and new) characters/molds. :lol:

I'm very much a fan(atic) of the original trilogy, but some of these new characters are pretty cool.

Mods: if I missed a SW thread, please merge. Thanks! :starwars:

Edited by handsomedevil

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I occasionally look for "Clone Wars" animated versions of original trilogy characters. Like recently, I got the animated Jawas (awesome!). I saw Yoda, and am considering getting him.

What other characters from the original trilogy do they have? There's gotta be an R2 and 3P0 right?

I am all about the Biker Scouts, Boba Fett and Save Leia. I've got m,ost of the single cards for all of them. I don't open my SW figs though, because they suck. Truly and holey, SW figs are awful out of package. Even when compared to ARAH Joes, let alone 25th. :/ Is standard articulation with ball hips something Hasbro doesn't understand? :(

I have all the Star Wars kubricks,everything produced MIB except the very latest Mail-away box set which will be with me soon . The scary thing is that I have another Star Wars kubrick set 'loose & displayed' in kubrick cases which contains at least 80% of all the figures produced in the line which I have bought loose from various sources. I make no secret that I used to buy these as an investment which was working out quite well until I started to really like them. :rolleyes:

The irony is that I have little affinity with Star Wars & until very recently wouldn't have known who many of the characters were.

I used to be super into Star Wars figures as a kid, but haven't bought as many since Attack of the Clones released its line of boring figures.

I did, however, start building a small Clone army when the Clone Wars line started. I really want to make a small display in my room with a Gunship and some Clones either inside or hanging from it. I love the animated style they have.

After Force Unleashed, I also bought that Secret Apprentice 3 pack. He's awesome.

I think my SW figure collection is upwards of 200-250 but I haven't tried to collect them all since Episode 2 also, it just went wild then and I had started collecting other things so I had to cut back. Now I only get OT figures that have not had a figure made of them yet (like most recently Captain Needa) and then I try to just stick to Jedi (since I have a display of just figures with lightsabers), Rebel pilots, and Expanded Universe figures (which is increasing significantly lately to my joy/frustration). Other than that I will buy the occasional other figure here and there with Cad Bane being my most recent purcahse (he is cool huh handsomedevil!).

I would agree that most SW figures out of their package are simply crap but they are getting better. But everyonce in a while you still get a figure with really old school articulation and I just can't help but wonder why in the world they can't just get their figures to be like a GI Joe 25th figure with great articulation like that all the time!

Did any of you guys see the Maris Brood figure when the 30th anniversary packaging was out?

Yeah, we actually had quite a few American Card ones in stock at my work. We might still have a few, too.

I have slowly started to cease getting new Star Wars. For the remainder of the year, I can only think of 3 that I actually want:

1. Obi-Wan from The Phantom Menace

2. Leia as Jabba's Slave

3. DSII Luke

I still get any Stormtrooper related products but I get tried of the remakes and I am just not into obscure characters anymore.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know anyone (As I'm sure at least 1 of the people on this board is a member of a SW forum) that would be interested in buying a in box Tattoine Skiff from Return of the Jedi (Original from 1984)? My in-laws have one and are thinking of selling it.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently mailed away for my Nahdar Vebb figure and can't wait for him to show up. As I mentioned above I have a shelf of characters with lightsabers, and so the episode I saw with this character immediately created a desire to have a figure of him in my collection. I love mail away figures and also can't wait for the vintage missile firing Boba-Fett coming up. The one they did for the vintage line a while ago of George Lucas in stormtrooper disguise is also pretty cool.

• 2 months later...
...can't wait for the vintage missile firing Boba-Fett coming up.

WHAAAAAT? :blink: Color me anxious. Where did you see that?

A few years ago they did the vintage collection with new figures on vintage cards in protective cases. They are doing the vintage line again for the 30th of ESB and the mail away will be the missile firing Boba-Fett. I first saw info from Hasbro stuff from Toy Fair and then there was an article about it in ToyFare in April I think, which means you probably already know everything I have just said but there you go. I am very excited for this mail-away!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So my TRU got int he new Vintage style figures and even though they are more expensive than other figures (9.99$ each) I still wanted to buy them so I did and to my excitement they were having a buy one get one 50% off sale on SW figures so I saved 25$ Boo-ya!

• 2 months later...

Ok, before I talk about this new figure, I'd like to say a few words about my man, Jabba. Chespo kutata kreesta krenko, nyakoska! I really think that we owe him a lot because he had the right idea. Before Return of the Jedi there was a serious lack of babe-age in the Star Wars saga. While other characters were whining about their daddy issues or worried about getting their broke-down hoopty spaceship back, The Huttster was getting Leia out of that ugly Boushh get-up and making her wear a metal bikini. He also surrounded himself with exotic slave girls for us to look at. Not only that, but Jabba also showed us how to keep our pimp hand strong! If one of his hoes got all uppity and spurned his advances, the Rancor got himself a little before dinner treat. Jabba's the big pimp-daddy!

OK, anyhow the new Walmart exclusive figure just came today and he's quite nice. He comes with a throne that moves, his hookah, Salacious Crumb, & Oola (Now I have to wait for the Slave Leia I ordered). He's squishy, but in a good way. I usually don't get Star Wars, but I'm beginning to pick some up. I think these new vintage figures are scores nicer than the POTF figures that came out years ago. They are a lot more articulated and detailed. Here are some pics:

post-2001-1284068334_thumb.jpg

post-2001-1284068396_thumb.jpg

post-2001-1284068367_thumb.jpg

Ah man, that articulated Oola is great. Almost makes me want to start buying SW again.

I put away a huge part of my collection recently. Mainly prequel ships and characters. Just have two shelves of Prequel figures and one small shelf of prequel hardware. Everything else is Original Trilogy and it looks much much better.

OK, well I got a Slave Leia in the mail today to go on Jabba's throne and I had a few gripes. First of all the chain on her collar was basically just a little stub poking out. It didn't really look like a chain, so I went and bought a chain that came with some necklace findings in the crafts section at Walmart. I took her collar off and wound this new chain around her neck. Another thing that bothers me about the Star Wars Leias are their size. I know that a lot of people prefer how small they are because it's more accurate. Leia is a lot shorter than the other characters in the movies, but I'd rather have the action figure be the same size as my Luke Skywalker. She almost looks like a child next to them! The Oola figure doesn't have this problem and I like her size better.

The thing I do like is the general sculpt (she's pretty), and I like that they added a pair of legs folded underneath her that you can snap her upper torso on. When you do that her legs are immovable. It looks OK, but it makes her seem even smaller, so I've opted not to use them in my display.

post-2001-1284414793_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chazwinski