UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

jcastick

You can become a VIP member by pre-ordering the game at Gamestop...unfortunately they forgot to give me the code when I pre-ordered mine, so I'm not a VIP member either.

If you're interested in the alternate costumes they've been showing in the VIP section...someone has been posting them:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forum...;union_id=18990

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the first game was good enough that I think I will buy this one. I loved the alternate costume options in the first game (although I used a code to help me get all of them really quick) Some of the alternate costumes they had pictures for on that link above aren't all that cool looking (ie Luke Cage and Juggernaut) but all in all I think this game will be great.

Just preordered this...I am not a bigtime super gamer, but I loved these games, they are fun to me. I like the idea of running/floating/flying around as my favorite heroes .Thor looks awesome, and Red Hulk looks pretty sweet. I hope there is a Bucky Cap alternate uniform, and an Iron Patriot too. Will Colossus be in this one as well?

My EB hasn't been giving out the codes yet. I've asked a few times and they haven't been able to tell me when they'll even be coming in. :(

That Bianchi-style Storm costume being in the game surprises me. I've never been a fan of his costume designs.

My EB hasn't been giving out the codes yet. I've asked a few times and they haven't been able to tell me when they'll even be coming in. :(

That Bianchi-style Storm costume being in the game surprises me. I've never been a fan of his costume designs.

Odd....I thought you were suppose to get it upon pre-order.

I'm over half way through the game currently. I like the story in this one better than the 1st Ultimate Alliance, but I feel they skimped out on a bunch of stuff. There aren't as many special moves for each character, and now there is only one alternate costume for each character. I don't know why they changed that this time around. The game is still really fun, it's just not as in depth as the first.

and now there is only one alternate costume for each character.

Yeah, that's a bummer. Part of the fun of the first game was switching between 4 possible costumes. And I don't understand some of the costume choices in this one. Horseman Gambit, for instance, seems pointless. Having to chose between Pro- or Anti-Reg is a pretty cool way to increase replay value. Inherently you only get 1/2 (of 1/3) of the game if you play it only once.

The decrease in costumes and moves is a pretty big turn-off to me. Do they at least keep the "classic" outfits as the alternates for most characters? I got rid of those stupid looking "Ultimates" outfits as soon as possible in the previous version.

The moves aren't that bad, and they get better, not just stronger, as they are upgraded. You can tap the buttons to increase radius, etc. They end up, imo, more versatile than they have been in previous games. The fusion moves are bad-ass. In previous games, you get lucky to use a combo power move. In this game, you really control the moves. Also nice is the ability to switch out the team anytime, not just at save points. Overall, I think gameplay has improved a lot and is much more fluid.

The alternate costumes are hit and miss. Everyone starts with modern 616-ish costumes. The alternates are just kind of random. Ult. WW2 Cap, Ult. Wolverine, Astonishing Storm, Horseman Gambit, Red Hulk- no rhyme or reason. Daredevil and Luke Cage have their Secret War costumes, which makes sense as part of the game is Secret War, but no one else has that costume. Speaking of Luke Cage, when you have him and Iron Fist together, you desparately want them in their classic outfits, but no. I'm hoping future downloads fix this.

Actually, there are only a few Ultimate Apperances in this game. You get all the Ultimate FF, Ultimate Jugs, Ultimate WWII Cap, Ultimate Maskless Deadpool, and Ultimate Vemon. I think that's it. They rest are all 616, both new and classic. You get a newer version of Storm's outlandish costume, you get Death Gambit, Iron Spidey, and several secret war tie ins (Daredevil, Luke Cage, Wolverine). I really like the Classic, Kirby Iron Man, that was a nice addition, and the modern Thor is wonderful! I do wish there were more costumes to choose from, but I'm very pleased with the ones they chose. Of course, that's not counting Red Hulk......Seriously!?!?!?!? I'm hoping we get future updates (probably at a cost) with new costumes and characters both.

neo