UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

well, I talked to some of the employees at the target i work at and they pulled out what they had, they had two hawkman!, so I bought one and also they got wave 2 of the target exclusive batman/supeman movie series. So I picked up major force to see if anyone wants them. The coolest thing though is their 7.99 at target now, and with my emoployee discount, awesome deal!

Handsomedevil, It'll be great if you picked up the dr.mid-nite, I've been looking for one like crazy.

That's incredibly lucky!! I've only wanted Major Force and Black Lightning, but upon seeing completed Brimstones i think i might go back for Icicle and Banshee. They shouldn't be too hard to find. :P Besides that, Brimstone's a New God, and like Jack Kirby's creations. :blush:

Oh, almost forgot, Mattel has stated that one new DCUC Wave will be shown at NYTF the 14th. :) Of couse, since the leaked Wal Mart list that hit the internet has been incredibly reputable so far, going as far as saying who woud be in Wave 13 BEFORE pictures were LEAKED,this is most likely the next Wave; Wave 14:

Lantern 2708483138 $12.97

Obsidian 2708483139 $12.97

Hourman 2708483140 $12.97

Gold 2708483141 $12.97

Kamandi 2708483142 $12.97

Zatana 2708483143 $12.97

Tyr 2708483144 $12.97

The only difference is that most Wal Marts will be charging $14.99 now, instead of $12.97. :confused: Grea choices in there though. Lantern could be Kyle, Guy, or even Alan (PLEAEPLEASEPEASE BE ALAN!!!!) since his son Obsidian and fellow JSAer Hourman are in there. Gold is great and i love the Metal Men, and Zatanna certainly has a cult-following. Then we get to Kamandi and Tyr. Really obscure, but Kamandi makes sense because he is the one character that Scott (ToyGuru) realyl wanted to get into DCUC before he moved on from the line. No explanation for Tyr though,other than Super Powers.

I hope the list is real. If so, it's going to be a very happy 14th.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up wave 12 today, and don't need most of these guys. So if anyone is interested, I've got the following, loose with no BAF part:

-Copperhead

-Desaad (minus stand)

-Mary Batson (red)

-Mary Batson (white)

-Eclipso

-Iron

for less than cost--$12 plus shipping each (probably about $3 in the U.S.)

Let me know if any of you are looking for these guys.

Edited by karamazov80

I found a Hawkgirl at a TRU today with an "Only at Toys R Us" sticker on the package. Didn't know she was included in those cases. It give me a small amount of hope for finishing off Wave 8 (Come on, Gentleman Ghost, I know you're out there somewhere).

thats great!!

WAVE 8 is just so difficult, I said forget it, I'll never find anything from them, though I did see vigilante, it's impossible to find that ghost.your giganta will never be finished.

Hawkgirl is the only one I want from wave 8, so that's great that you found her.

I'm not really sure where my fellow collector in another state found my Gentleman Ghost, but I think it was Target. I haven't really head of him hitting the TRU wave, but I've been known to be wrong. I'll keep my eye out for you GM.

That is a pretty sweet deal, considering most places have bumped the price of the DCU that some may consider online the way to go in the future :confused: If I were to find him in our local stores it would probable average out to this auction Nervous in cost when everything was said and done. I'd definitely do the auction if I still needed him.

Hey Serge, that link isn't working for me. This does, though:

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/wp-content...010/02/DCUC.jpg

Not a bad wave. I mean, REX TYLER HOURMAN and all.

I really hate DC Direct for depriving me of my Hourman Minimate. Blue Beetle, Hourman. . .now all I need is Speedy. The wealth of character choice and quality really is starting to over-shadow Mattel's flaws, in my opinion. That Darkseid from wave 12 is absolutely magnificent.

If anyone wants shots of the Toyfare pics, check out theFwoosh.

Thanks for the tip, looking at hourman, I think I might buy two, one to make a modern version of hourman, but gold IMO stole the show, I mean they all look great, and I know people have been wanting a zatanna for awhile, but I really look forward to the metal men.

They didn't show the "variant" for the wave, and given the low costs involved in doing so, I hope it will be modern Hourman (mostly a repaint of golden age version). Satellite era Zatanna is another option, but she is fairly different from the one announced.

Knowing Mattel, though, it will probably be a minor repaint of Obsidian or something that no one really needs or cares for.

SON OF A B!TCH. SON OF A-....argh!!!!!!!!!!! Mattel just loves to take huge frigging craps on everything they do RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Mattel has confirmed this wave being a Wal-Mart exclusive wave. :angry: Way to completely fuck up a great wave Mattel; seriously, way to freaking go. If i can't get Alan, i will come for you with torches and pitchforks. How the hell can they just back and do this??

A. 15 SHOULD have been a Wal-Mart wave, if they kept the every-five-waves thing.

B. Zatanna. Kamandi. Obsidian. Alan. Hourman. Gold. TYR?! How the HELL are Moms and Pops supposed to pick thse up for the kiddies?? None of them, besides "Green Lantern" and MAYBE Zatanna or Gold are recognizable to kids; hell, half of them will say "but this Green Lantern is in red...and isn't black...who's this guy??" At least Gold had a Brave and the Bold appearance. The entire wave will peg-warm. IF people can find it, of course.

C. NO VARIANTS. Seriously?! This wave was practically BEGGING for them!!!!!! Perez-Zatanna, for the Satellite-nuts that want her; there are MANY. Clear/Smokey Obsidian; simple enough for Mattel. MODERN HOURMAN??????? Repaint. Just terrible.

Bright sides, or probably WORSTparts about this?? The figures look FANTASTIC. An almost ALL of them have accessories. Both o these are first-times for Mattel...and then we get news of Wal-mart wave. :angry: Oy...i really hate it when companies do idiotic crap like this.

yo bro, calm down, im pretty upset too,but c'mon. Anyway,HOPEFULLY they will be available as wave 10. If not, I aint taking chances, I'll buy gold on ebay.

Yea...that was a little outbursty. Sorry bout that. :confused: I just hate t when Mattel pulls this. And God knows they've done it enough times.

I actually hope it ISN'T as available as Wave 10; that wave was soooooo over-compensated for. I can still buy 14 Power Girls alone at my nearest Wal-Mart, 16 at another. It's insane.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

yo bro, calm down, im pretty upset too,but c'mon. Anyway,HOPEFULLY they will be available as wave 10. If not, I aint taking chances, I'll buy gold on ebay.

Yea...that was a little outbursty. Sorry bout that. :confused: I just hate t when Mattel pulls this. And God knows they've done it enough times.

I actually hope it ISN'T as available as Wave 10; that wave was soooooo over-compensated for. I can still buy 14 Power Girls alone at my nearest Wal-Mart, 16 at another. It's insane.

well at least your nearest wal mart has seen wave 10, mine still has the same things, though the one out of town has seen wave 10, the guy who works there is awesome, he knows all about DCU, and even ordered the upcoming waves, even got me a fresh case of wave 10, when I asked him.

So hopefully this guy stocks wave 14.

A few new things/rumors:

New Wal-Mart 2-pack: BRIGHT BLUE Superman/Bright Blue Bizzaro (For real. Honest-to-goodness Supes the way he SHOULD look!! :lol:)

Toys 'R' Us IS getting DCUC Versus MOTUC 2-packs this year. :lol:

RUMOR: The leaked list from the Wal-Mart Computers LOOKS to be true after all. Problem: that confirms waves 13, 14, and 16. Not 15. ALL RETAILERS are getting exclusives this year. Sadly, Wave 15 MAY be the Target Exclusive Wave. :confused:

Lastly, question about etiquette/morality:

Mattycollector opened it's hellhole Forums recently. What pisses me off is that you HAVE to be over 20 to join (besides DCUC being a RETAIL LINE and all :rolleyes:). So...what's the etiquette here?? Do i lie, being 16, and say i'm 20, or wait 2 YEARS?? :confused:

Mattycollector opened it's hellhole Forums recently. What pisses me off is that you HAVE to be over 20 to join (besides DCUC being a RETAIL LINE and all :rolleyes: ). So...what's the etiquette here?? Do i lie, being 16, and say i'm 20, or wait 2 YEARS?? :confused:

Psssst... 16+2=18, not 20. And someone lying on the internet? Say it ain't so! Just remember to employ the Homer Simpson Rule - Never lie more than once on the same form. Therefor, if you need to tell more than one fib, just make each untrue answer part of one larger all encompassing lie.

Or just know that the forum will likely be short lived, as all the over twenty JLU colletors and guys who can't find DCU classics, or been screwed over by the MOTUC subscription are going to reduce most threads to an extention of the customer service department since they will figure someone is being paid by Mattel to monitor the forum. And that doesn't include the folks who think that somehow "Matty" will be less vague with any Q&A sessions on his own forum, and will get pissy when "he's" not. As this will not be "wow, you guys are so cool" fest that they're gonna be expecting, I expect this will be a short lived experiment on their part.

A few new things/rumors:

New Wal-Mart 2-pack: BRIGHT BLUE Superman/Bright Blue Bizzaro (For real. Honest-to-goodness Supes the way he SHOULD look!! :lol: )

Toys 'R' Us IS getting DCUC Versus MOTUC 2-packs this year. :lol:

RUMOR: The leaked list from the Wal-Mart Computers LOOKS to be true after all. Problem: that confirms waves 13, 14, and 16. Not 15. ALL RETAILERS are getting exclusives this year. Sadly, Wave 15 MAY be the Target Exclusive Wave. :confused:

Lastly, question about etiquette/morality:

Mattycollector opened it's hellhole Forums recently. What pisses me off is that you HAVE to be over 20 to join (besides DCUC being a RETAIL LINE and all :rolleyes: ). So...what's the etiquette here?? Do i lie, being 16, and say i'm 20, or wait 2 YEARS?? :confused:

I'm all over the mattycollector forums, it's pretty fun, saw the bizzaro/superman pics when they showed the packaging of the upcoming walmart bats/robin pack, got to hand it to ya, that is "THE" superman.interesting how 15 ain't showing up on their computer, perhaps it is a target exclusive, if it is awesome!, since I work at one. Oh and awesome! plastic man is finally getting made!!!