UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Hot Toys IronMan

mabait1020

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I hope that I made the right decision waiting for MK IV instead of the battle damaged Mark III, but I'm not sure about it. That guy sure looks like the best Iron Man released thus far.

I hope that I made the right decision waiting for MK IV instead of the battle damaged Mark III, but I'm not sure about it. That guy sure looks like the best Iron Man released thus far.

I know, right? But it's not like you could have found the BD MK3 to save your life.

I want to see him with Tony's head and the crushed helmet! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I got Mech Test Tony Stark in the mail, but the wires connecting his chest LED were broken at the connector. Instead of trying to battle with customer service, I am going to fix him myself. So no pics for now. But his stand and base work great with the BD Mark III:

IMG_1214.jpg

The Mark IV was fully revealed today, along with some great new pics like these ones:

81149151.jpg

98962515.jpg

Full details here.

I am going to pass on the Mark IV since he is pretty similar to my BD Mark III, but I am definitely getting the Mark VI. I really like the more detailed battle damage, and I think the proportions of the figure look better than the shots we saw from the Tokyo show last week. And War Machine is looking better and better! Apparently War Machine will be shipping in September.

Whiplash is shipping this week for the vendors in Asia, so US shipments will probably start in August. I am still on the fence about that one. The visible joints really bother me for some reason. I am considering making some new leather straps to cover the joints, even if it makes him less movie accurate.

That battle damage alone is almost worth the price of admission! Wow!

I have already preordered the Mark IV, and unless I find a great deal that I can't pass up, I won't be buying Mark VI. I like the mark IV color scheme better, as it's all red and gold. I'm not too keen on the silver biceps and thighs on Mark VI. Also, I prefer the look of the round chest over the triangle.

Still, the Mark VI is an amazing piece.

Triangle on the chest is the deal breaker for me. Otherwise, I would easily go with the Mark VI over the Mark IV because of all the extra goodies. Still hoping the Stark head on the Mark IV looks nice.

• 1 month later...

Ha! You caved! Don't feel bad, though. I caved too. I preordered Mark VI a couple days ago from Sideshow, after saying I was happy with the Mark IV I've already prepaid. I prefer the round arc reactor, but the detail on the battle damage was more than I could withstand. :)

• 8 months later...

it sucks i came into this line too late. Seeing these photos makes me want that Tony Stark and War Machine even more.

Dammit.

SDC12787.jpg

SDC12784.jpg

SDC12795.jpg

He's pretty nifty, IMO. Light up feature on his mask, chest, and hands, battle damaged switch out parts (chest plate, arm, shoulder pad, thigh pads, bicep), two different heads (one with Stark face underneath, the other with light up option--interchangeable "clean" or battle damaged faceplate for either that is magnetically attached to the heads) interchangeable rocket launchers/regular armor from his forearms, missile launchers that come out of his shoulders, air breaks, multiple sets of hands (fists, relaxed, open palm, articulated fingers), 2 bases (regular Hot Toys stand and park diorama base with Hammer Drone parts), articulated abs. Probably other stuff I just haven't noticed yet.

Just the ultimate Mark VI action figure, IMO.

Edited by karamazov80

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think it's a rumor. I believe Hot Toys said this in a Facebook posting. Stealth Iron Man would rock, but for that reason, I'm actually kind of hoping for something lamer like the Gun Metal version. I don't need to be spending more money on these things :(