UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Punisher:War Zone Minimates

winkerbean

I had no interest in these when I fist heard of them, but now that I've seen pics I am going to have to add them to my list of stuff to buy...

...why, oh why do I try to deny my need to feed the greed? I hunger for more and in through the door, comes DST to satisfy me, the plastic crack whore...

BS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jigsaw. Face is GREAT...the rest is lame as shit. However, That face, Bruce Waynes slicked back hair, and a yellow body with some purple boots...BAM instant comic (70s) accurate Jigsaw

I will probably use my extra exclusive Punisher body for Jigsaw, to reflect his appearance as "the Punisher" in the Punisher mini-series.

I'm just gonna go ahead and put on my about-face. I'm definitely getting this set, even though I'm sure I'll never see the movie. The figures look cool, and DST absolutely did the right thing by making this a 4-character pack instead of a whole wave, which I wouldn't have bought.

These thugs will make excellent generic bad guy fodder for Spider-Man or Batman to whale on!

Here's a comparison pic I made using caps from the trailers to kind of show the particular looks they chose,

PunisherWarzoneMinimatecomparison.jpg

Personally I would've preferred Jigsaw in a better outfit (I think they chose this one as this could be when he fights the Punisher)? It would be nice if he came with clothing accessories like a jacket and fedora pictured here:

PunisherWarzoneJigsawFedora.jpg

An ideal accessory for civilian Frank would be a whisky bottle (if he's going to be drinking in this movie)?

From the sounds of things all the extras will be guns and possibly knives, which I'm not complaining about.

OK I was WRONG I love that Punisher!!!

Frank : eh good custom fodder

Thug: I can see Spidey beating his ass...

Jigsaw. Face is GREAT...the rest is lame as shit. However, That face, Bruce Waynes slicked back hair, and a yellow body with some purple boots...BAM instant comic (70s) accurate Jigsaw

So put me down for a set I like IT!!!

I'm having a mental block as to how create the 70s jigsaw....Sentry perhaps?

On the other hand, I have this look which might be comic accurate, I'm not sure, sorted. Patch Wolverine torso, Penguins white legs and some DC hair. Sorted

jigsawvariant01gx0.jpg

Very true, this is also a good look, while I have tried to google an image, I can not find one. Yet when I was a boy, I had a spiderman and punisher comic that had Jiggy in a yellow spandex with a neck brace....does anyone else remember this> or am i crazy?

Here's a high quality picture I found:

punisherwarzone1.jpg

Although I'm disappointed they didn't make LBJ (Jigsaw's brother) I'm really looking forward to getting this set and I have hopes that this movie will be a decent adaptation as I've read they've tried to keep it as close to the comic style as possible.

I'm also surprised that the civilian Frank didn't have a skull t-shirt (unless it's reversible like Ironfist)? as I've read that he appears in more than one skull outfit in this movie and not just the assault gear.

Here's a comparison pic I made using caps from the trailers to kind of show the particular looks they chose,

PunisherWarzoneMinimatecomparison.jpg

Personally I would've preferred Jigsaw in a better outfit (I think they chose this one as this could be when he fights the Punisher)? It would be nice if he came with clothing accessories like a jacket and fedora pictured here:

PunisherWarzoneJigsawFedora.jpg

An ideal accessory for civilian Frank would be a whisky bottle (if he's going to be drinking in this movie)?

From the sounds of things all the extras will be guns and possibly knives, which I'm not complaining about.

Totally agree. i mean, what Marvel character didn't drink? :P

but i'd have to say no to the coat. It's a tad too furry in my opinion for a criminal like Jigsaw.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Who the heck wants a civilian Frank Castle, though? Was there nothing better to pick from in this movie?

Also dig the new guns in that new pic. Thanks for the find, Viper.

Yea not quite 9 guns, but good looking ones none the less. As far as civilian frank...i can see it. I mean, it is really a damned if you do, damned if you dont. i mean the movie is based in "reality" so no costumes, puny and jiggy were the the obvious choices...if they chose another minor character, we would have been, who the hell is that supposed to be?? you know?

Now to tread jack for 2 seconds. with some minor mods, don't you think with some minor customizing the thug could be turned into the jokers goons from the 1989 Batman Movie? Bob....gun.

Glad you like the new pic and the new guns do look great.

Who the heck wants a civilian Frank Castle, though? Was there nothing better to pick from in this movie?

Also dig the new guns in that new pic. Thanks for the find, Viper.

I do agree that having the additional Frank was abit uneccessary as they could've just had some alternate clothing/head as accessories but I guess we're getting two as he is the main character and just look at the amount of Wolverine's and Spidey's we've had.:ermm:

For anyone who thinks this movie will be terrible you should check out these two trailers,

the first one is the Comic Con Restricted which is full of action and quite violent:

The 2nd trailer shows more of Jigsaw and his brother & has some dialogue:

Punisher War Zone Trailer #2

As promised! I think he looks much improved and less like Walter Matthau with this upcoming face and hairpiece. Much more Frank Castle and comic like.

Original, courtesy of Minimates Central:

apunisher1ck1.jpg

What he'll look like with a bit of swapping:

apunisher2nz7.jpg

Awesome photoshopping!!!!!

Now use your skills to photshop some alternate bodies on jiggy :)