UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

24 Series 1 and BTTF this week

My shipment arrived today from BTTF.com........what the hell is the point of the bloody great label on each box ?I know where I bought them from without this disgusting label defacing each box.

Brilliant 'mates shame about the label .

URGH, I guess someone BTTF.COM doesn't realise that most toy collectors like MIB and don't want their precious toy packaging defaced with labels etc... :(

This and them overpricing their 2 pack exclusive so are the reasons why I'll probably never buy mates there.

T.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My shipment arrived today from BTTF.com........what the hell is the point of the bloody great label on each box ?I know where I bought them from without this disgusting label defacing each box. What makes it so infuriating is that these are some of the best 'mates I've seen in one of the best packaging designs . Brilliant 'mates shame about the label .

Regardless of the fact that the label is easily removed, please email me at the address given on the business card included with your shipment including your order number, and I'll send you a replacement set free of charge without one of our promotional labels. How's that?

URGH, I guess someone BTTF.COM doesn't realise that most toy collectors like MIB and don't want their precious toy packaging defaced with labels etc... :(

This and them overpricing their 2 pack exclusive so are the reasons why I'll probably never buy mates there.

T.

Regarding our pricing of the 2-pack exclusive, it is currently priced at exactly the price our rep at DST suggested we price it at based upon up-front prepaid wholesale costs, product shipping, labor, packing & handling costs, and long-term storage fees.

My shipment arrived today from BTTF.com........what the hell is the point of the bloody great label on each box ?I know where I bought them from without this disgusting label defacing each box. What makes it so infuriating is that these are some of the best 'mates I've seen in one of the best packaging designs . Brilliant 'mates shame about the label .

Regardless of the fact that the label is easily removed, please email me at the address given on the business card included with your shipment including your order number, and I'll send you a replacement set free of charge without one of our promotional labels. How's that?

I appreciate your gesture. The label is easily removed & has been removed,alas the glue & subsequent marking to the 'window' remains. I'm in the UK & my order was for eight....yes ....eight of these,by the eighth removal of this 'promotional' label I began to get the hang of it! I appreciate the offer but i choose to decline it in the hope that subsequent items that you send out to other members aren't blighted in the same manner. Thankyou.

I appreciate your gesture. The label is easily removed & has been removed,alas the glue & subsequent marking to the 'window' remains. I'm in the UK & my order was for eight....yes ....eight of these,by the eighth removal of this 'promotional' label I began to get the hang of it! I appreciate the offer but i choose to decline it in the hope that subsequent items that you send out to other members aren't blighted in the same manner. Thankyou.

Honestly in the 15 years we've been in business, I've never been told that our label was a "blight" to the products we sell, but your criticism is well noted and will be taken into consideration for future shipments. Thanks for the feedback.

However, please do be aware that it is our understanding that the 2-pack exclusive is set to have a color label of our logo applied to the window at the factory by DST themselves, which is apparently the way they handle distributor exclusives to indicate an exclusive product for a particular vendor.

Regarding our pricing of the 2-pack exclusive, it is currently priced at exactly the price our rep at DST suggested we price it at based upon up-front prepaid wholesale costs, product shipping, labor, packing & handling costs, and long-term storage fees.

All I'm saying is that most exclusive 2 packs sell for $7-8(give or take) and asking nearly $10(give or take) as per your original price was not likely to encourage sales. I see you've dropped the price a $1 so that's better, but this will still be the first pack of minimates I'll probably skip on ( both are characters we have from the first 4 pack, just in different clothes & with shipping it makes the price creep up.).

I'm just stating my long term minimate buyers opinion. :)

T.

Honestly in the 15 years we've been in business, I've never been told that our label was a "blight" to the products we sell, but your criticism is well noted and will be taken into consideration for future shipments. Thanks for the feedback.

However, please do be aware that it is our understanding that the 2-pack exclusive is set to have a color label of our logo applied to the window at the factory by DST themselves, which is apparently the way they handle distributor exclusives to indicate an exclusive product for a particular vendor.

It's not the label ,its the size & where you stuck it.I respect the fact that you've replied & I take on board your comments about the up & coming exclusives packaging. I recall the Street Fighter AFX & Hollywood exclusives & their labels , obvious but subtle.

All I'm saying is that most exclusive 2 packs sell for $7-8(give or take) and asking nearly $10(give or take) as per your original price was not likely to encourage sales. I see you've dropped the price a $1 so that's better, but this will still be the first pack of minimates I'll probably skip on ( both are characters we have from the first 4 pack, just in different clothes & with shipping it makes the price creep up.).

I'm just stating my long term minimate buyers opinion. :)

T.

Remarkable that $0.88 is a show-stopper for you, but that's okay. BTTF.com's unique services & product offerings certainly aren't for everyone.

It's not the label ,its the size & where you stuck it.

The label goes on almost all BTTF.com products, which most are much bigger than Minimates so they don't seem nearly as intrusive I guess. We currently do not have a smaller one, plus I don't know what an optimum location would have been than where those were applied.

Remarkable that $0.88 is a show-stopper for you, but that's okay. BTTF.com's unique services & product offerings certainly aren't for everyone.

As I said before I saw that you'd put them 'on sale' ( I was surprised that was the case so soon, they aren't even shipping yet!) we were talking about $2-3 Dollars more per 2 pack, that's probably fine but I tend to buy more than one set at a time and it soon adds up.

At the end of the day I'm not even sure why I replied to this, the opinions of a store owner/rep. that only comes here to advertise his store doesn't really mean a damn thing to me.

T.

Maybe if we try hard enough, we can convince every specialty retailer to stop making exclusives.

Hey, AFX! You suck, and so does your stupid Defenders four-pack!

;)

LOL - lets go the whole way and stop DST from making em... I'd save a hell of a lot of money :):P

The difference with AFX is night and day.

Pat at AFX is a nice guy who genuinely loves minimates and doesn't come here pimping his site at every excuse.

Not to mention AFX gave us a very nice price break on the Zombie packs at SDCC for the members who couldn't be there.

(ok so they need to sort their shipping costs out a little) :)

T.

Maybe if we try hard enough, we can convince every specialty retailer to stop making exclusives.

Hey, AFX! You suck, and so does your stupid Defenders four-pack!

;)

LOL - lets go the whole way and stop DST from making em... I'd save a hell of a lot of money :):P

The difference with AFX is night and day.

Pat at AFX is a nice guy who genuinely loves minimates and doesn't come here pimping his site at every excuse.

Not to mention AFX gave us a very nice price break on the Zombie packs at SDCC for the members who couldn't be there.

(ok so they need to sort their shipping costs out a little) :)

T.

Tim, I'm going to have to side with the guy from BTTF. A couple points:

1. The exclusive doesn't cost that much more and you don't like the pack anyway, so the price shouldn't be a big deal.

2. BTTF.com have actually done more than pimp the site. They've talked about several things related to BTTF and tried to keep people informed on the products, including the ones besides the exclusive (Don't believe me? Read their posts)

I'm just wondering why you seem so offended by their statements on pricing and such.

Tim, I'm going to have to side with the guy from BTTF. A couple points:

1. The exclusive doesn't cost that much more and you don't like the pack anyway, so the price shouldn't be a big deal.

2. BTTF.com have actually done more than pimp the site. They've talked about several things related to BTTF and tried to keep people informed on the products, including the ones besides the exclusive (Don't believe me? Read their posts)

I'm just wondering why you seem so offended by their statements on pricing and such.

Erm, I just I said I wasn't buying cos I thought he was overpriced (which he is) and he got all defensive and it was made into a big deal! ( same thing happened about the stickers and BHM).

As for him adding to the site, Show me a single post where he's neither talking about or (often needlessly) pushing product that he's trying to sell on his site, couldn't find one... oh there's a surprise! (not to mention has been wrong with his information because he knew less than those he was 'informing' - the 4-pack release date for example.)

OK to save this thread getting any more pointless than it is I give up... I hereby state that:

"BttF is a great asset to the community that should be lauded for bringing his very special form of advertainment to us all."

There feel better?

T.

(not to mention has been wrong with his information because he knew less than those he was 'informing' - the 4-pack release date for example.)

The fact that L.A. distributors received their product on the West Coast a week or so before everyone else did doesn't change the fact that the advertised official release date from D-S-T was October 17, 2007. Our shipment arrived via UPS on October 16, and all pre-orders went out on the very next day -- exactly as advertised.

And according to our D-S-T rep, you can soon expect the practice of shops in the Los Angeles area being able to get their product weeks early right off the loading dock before all container contents have been rerouted to the Memphis distribution center to be halted in D-S-T's attempt for release dates to be honored nation-wide.

At the end of the day, it's obvious that you have absolutely no intention of buying these from us even if I offered them for free and arranged for one of the film's cast members to personally deliver them directly to your doorstep. So the information I'm apparently "pimping" is not directed towards you anyway. <_<

(not to mention has been wrong with his information because he knew less than those he was 'informing' - the 4-pack release date for example.)

The fact that L.A. distributors received their product on the West Coast a week or so before everyone else did doesn't change the fact that the advertised official release date from Mad Scientists was October 17, 2007. Our shipment arrived via UPS on October 16, and all pre-orders went out on the very next day -- exactly as advertised.

And according to our Mad Scientists rep, you can soon expect the practice of shops in the Los Angeles area being able to get their product weeks early right off the loading dock before all container contents have been rerouted to the Memphis distribution center to be halted in Mad Scientists's attempt for release dates to be honored nation-wide.

All very interesting and irrelevent, the thread was about stores on the West Coast getting mini-mates... and they did and you were wrong! :) Dress it up however you like, I'll take it as another shining example of you knowing best... :)

I think it's hilarious you're so defensive over the slightest remark... you need to relax a little there mister!

T.

I missed this little snippet of goodness as it was added after I replied... :)

At the end of the day, it's obvious that you have absolutely no intention of buying these from us even if I offered them for free and arranged for one of the film's cast members to personally deliver them directly to your doorstep. So the information I'm apparently "pimping" is not directed towards you anyway. <_<

Wow Nothing gets by you does it? ;)

Although if you offered em up for free and could actually get someone from the movie to deliver it , I'd be a gentleman, accept and save you all those expensive 'long term storage costs' for the pack :P

- In reality (Do you know the one I'm talking about, the one where the rest of us live?) though it's just another great load of self delusional nonsense brought to us by BttF.com.

Hmmm actually I take it all back... you do bring entertainment value to the Site! :D

T.

even if I offered them for free and arranged for one of the film's cast members to personally deliver them directly to your doorstep.

Can I get this offer? Send me Mr. Fox. ;)

I'm still on the fence on getting these ghosts.

The66 ghosts and their accessories were great.

As I read this - it started as a legitimate complaint by someone who got some hell spawn mini-zombies from hell spawn.com and was annoyed/disappointed that the packages came with a large, indiscretely-placed sticker on the pack.

I also saw hell spawn.com make an offer to correct the problem at N/C to deal with an obvious customer service issue - not unlike Mad Scientists's efforts to fix the Rocky hair issue. It seemed that it was a learning issue for the hell spawn folks that will help them in the future.

How this topic has deteriorated into a bash-the-cr@p-out-of-hell spawn.com thread, is a little beyond me.

Let's all remember that marketing channels like Target and Toy R Us aren't lining up to distribute ghosts like they once did. Mad Scientists relies on places like hell spawn.com to help bring their products to market. Though the pricing may be high, compared to other mate sets, at least there is a conduit here to distribute another set of characters that may have otherwise never found a home - the horde of disappointed people that still don't get it that Target Bela Lagosi ghosts are never coming can attest to this.

hell spawn.com's unique services & product offerings certainly aren't for everyone.

*****On that I agree.******

It's not the label ,its the size & where you stuck it.

The label goes on almost all hell spawn.com products, which most are much bigger than mini-zombies so they don't seem nearly as intrusive I guess. We currently do not have a smaller one, plus I don't know what an optimum location would have been than where those were applied.

'An optimum location'....stick 'em ..er...um..uh...somewhere else. ****** This post has been self-censored by 'newbuttheadsmate' who no longer cusses or attempts to offend in any way.******

I would personally like to thank whoever sent me the DeLorean,it arrived this morning What a surprise,a real DeLorean! The postman ,who had obviously been drinking(typical),apologised because it hadn't been posted until 20 years into the future. Good old Post Office I say! Haven't had much time to drive it though 'cause there's a 2 foot square postage stamp on the windshield which we're trying to get off. I don't mean to sound ungrateful but the paintwork's awful & some fool's put the steering on the left hand side. Bad news about poor old 'newbuttheadsmate' as well.

What are ghosts?

ghosts?

Ah M A T E S. As I found out! hehe