UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
thereasonsy

Phase 4: MCU

Unless there’s a significant change in the retail marketplace, I’ll be surprised if we see any MCU Minimates for the foreseeable future. 

DST will likely use their Marvel Comics agreement to offer assortments that tie in to whatever is hot during Phase 4, whether it’s on the big screen or streaming through Disney+ Or Hulu. The only way I see them offering MCU Minimates is by allowing another agreement to expire (Animated, for example) or if a retailer can make it worthwhile to go after the license. 

Otherwise, Phase 3 was the end of the road. 

I guess if Endgame was the last movie to get Minimates, I'm okay with that.

On 7/27/2019 at 3:09 PM, MisterPL said:

DST will likely use their Marvel Comics agreement to offer assortments that tie in to whatever is hot during Phase 4, whether it’s on the big screen or streaming through Disney+ Or Hulu.

I've thought about this for a bit recently, and I'd be down for comic tie-in waves. With all of the bizarre properties announced for Phase 4, we'd most likely be looking at a lot of new characters. This might be fresh on the mind simply because I recently read Gaiman's Eternals series and really enjoyed it, but I could definitely see the Eternals getting a comic wave (or maybe a box set) if the movie does well. I for one would love to see characters like Ikaris, Sersi, and Makkari as minimates

On 7/27/2019 at 9:21 PM, PrinceCuseCuse said:

I guess if Endgame was the last movie to get Minimates, I'm okay with that.

Not if Guardians 3 has Adam Warlock, Lylla, or another shot at getting Ayesha in her gold dress...

12 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

Not if Guardians 3 has Adam Warlock, Lylla, or another shot at getting Ayesha in her gold dress...

^THIS^ I've been waiting for Warlock since the dark world tease!!!

Well, Gunn has since said that the cocoon in the Collection was never meant to be Adam, just a fun Easter egg.

On 8/2/2019 at 10:15 PM, TENIME_art said:

Well, Gunn has since said that the cocoon in the Collection was never meant to be Adam, just a fun Easter egg.

I may be remembering incorrectly, but doesn’t Ayesha flat out say Adam’s name in the stinger at the end credits of Guardians 2?

The cocoon in the first film was just an Easter egg, but there’s a 2nd metal cocoon that it shown in vol. 2 that is referred to as having “Adam” inside.

Edited by Chigarillo

The "birthing pod" that Ayesha presents at the end of Vol. 2 is Adam Warlock.

Gunn said the cocoon in the Collector's Collection was never meant to be Adam.

I know a lot of people don't really like the MCU stuff. But with Black Widow's sweet new suits, Red Guardian, Taskmaster, Falcon as Cap, new Winter Soldier, US Agent, Zemo with his mask, a new Hawkeye series, and Moon Knight (I don't know what phase this will be a part of), I REALLY hope we get Phase 4 Minimates!

I'm a Minimate completist, so I get everything mass-released (and reasonable exclusives), but my top preferences are the same as Marvel Legends - MCU & 90's Mutants.

And there are still plenty of MCU characters we don't have that I want for my collection.

1 hour ago, minimatestopmotion said:

For me, I think movie mates are way better than comic ones. There's always so much more detail and they look more realistic and all that

I respect your opinion & your choice completely but I just can't agree that movie -mates have more detail .