UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Quality issues with Infinity War Box Set?


Recommended Posts

I received my Avengers: Infinity War Box Set today and noticed some quality issues I don't normally see with Box Sets. First off - Bucky's open-fingered glove is on the wrong hand. It shouldn't be on his metal arm. Easily correctable but a bit sloppy. And then there is a missing handgun for Black Widow. She comes with two holders but one handgun. Anyone else notice this? 

bucky.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, one of the legs on my Bucky was completely broken when I opened up the box set. I am at work right now, but I will show photos later tomorrow.

6 hours ago, AsylumDude said:

And then there is a missing handgun for Black Widow. She comes with two holders but one handgun. Anyone else notice this? 

I always assumed that the holsters on the Black Widow figure were for her individual shock batons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd contact customer service at DST. They are really good about getting folks missing parts and replacing damaged ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I thought it was sarcasm...

B)

I'll be serious now. I have noticed the movie waves (or at least those intended to align with release of said movie) have always seemed more hastily prepared. Most of this can be justifiably attributed to time constraints and lack of proper design information beforehand. Notable examples include the lack of a Goblin Glider with the TASM 2 Harry mate. That said, it is a shame people are receiving sets with missing accessories. I hope everyone affected is able to get the parts they're missing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Minimate said:

B)

I'll be serious now. I have noticed the movie waves (or at least those intended to align with release of said movie) have always seemed more hastily prepared. Most of this can be justifiably attributed to time constraints and lack of proper design information beforehand. Notable examples include the lack of a Goblin Glider with the TASM 2 Harry mate. That said, it is a shame people are receiving sets with missing accessories. I hope everyone affected is able to get the parts they're missing. 

I wouldn't say a head or feet are accessories, lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:21 AM, ABC123 said:

Sadly, one of the legs on my Bucky was completely broken when I opened up the box set. I am at work right now, but I will show photos later tomorrow.

I always assumed that the holsters on the Black Widow figure were for her individual shock batons.

Maybe I'm dumb and the holsters are indeed for the shock batons. This could very well be the case. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:34 AM, Shanester said:

I'd contact customer service at DST. They are really good about getting folks missing parts and replacing damaged ones.

Hi @Shanester :-) 

Yeah not sure I need to waste their time. I fixed Bucky and probably can find a gun for Black Widow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I mentioned last week that my Winter Soldier from the Infinity War box set had one of its legs completely snapped off and I decided to take photos of the damage.

https://imgur.com/NLPsyPI

So this is a photo of the Winter Soldier Minimates that I wanted to compare. From left to right you have Civil War Winter Soldier Minimate, the IW box set Winter Solder Minimate with the broken leg, and finally I have another Infinity War Winter Soldier that I bought off of Minimates Menagerie (I was not happy about it but I am a completionist)

https://imgur.com/EPYJTh5

https://imgur.com/Af75zfZ

This is a photo of the leg where the ball joint that broke off, while the other photo shows the ball joint stuck inside the leg. I can’t imagine how it broke inside the packaging.

https://imgur.com/0pRl5tr

And I took the legs from another Civil War Winter Soldier Minimate and had another gun holster around so I made what I think is a better Infinity War Winter Soldier Minimate. There’s more leg detail in legs than the IW Winter Soldier had, so I am satisfied with what turned out.

But I am extremely disappointed with the quality problems Minimates has had recently and I want to believe that the quality will get better, but I won’t hold my breath.

 

Edited by ABC123
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what other quality issues you have had, but contact customer service if you are looking for a replacement for a part that arrives broken. It sometimes takes longer for them to get replacement parts, but we usually get everything eventually.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...