UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Godzilla movie

Lurch77

I LOVED it! Seen it a couple times already. But I think the biggest surprise,and I think I speak for everyone,was the amount of seats this movie filled. At my local theater,there was at least 5 times as many people who went to the Godzilla premiere than the Spider man premiere,which was surprising. Anyone notice any other Easter Eggs besides the obvious "Dads Moth-RA"?

I might be over thinking,but during the "echolocation" scene between Joe and Ford,it cuts to a shot of 2 creatures communicating with each other; A bat and a moth. Battra and Mothra,anyone? biggrin.png

Otherwise I give this movie a solid 10. One of the best movies of 2014,next to Cap 2 and Her.

Actually not gonna lie, I was impressed with this movie's numbers. 93 million opening weekend for a series that hasn't seen an American theatrical release in fourteen years. Wonder what got basically everyone so stoked... Probably a combination of the recognizable name of Godzilla that gets old fans like me and Bryan Cranston's heavily advertised role bringing in the Breaking Bad fans.

Either way, these numbers might give it the sequel I'm rooting for. Happy day!

I've seen the movie twice now. It is a fantastic summer flick and a great Godzilla movie. I've read a lot of fan reviews about there "not being enough Godzilla" in the movie and I must say that Gareth Edwards put the right amount of Godzilla in. He's gone on record saying that his intention was not to have a monster movie with humans in it, but rather a human movie with monsters in it. This was a great decision IMO, because let's face it, most of the human scenes in Japanese Godzilla films are poorly written, acted and translated. All anybody gave a hoot about were the monsters fighting, but you can't have 2 straight hours of just fights. That doesn't make for a good movie. Edwards wanted the audience to follow his movie through the eyes of the hero(es) and feel what they feel. I think he pulled that off beautifully. I can actually say that this is the first Godzilla flick where I cared about the human element.

The fight teases between the kaiju was to build up anticipation for the climactic third act battle.

9/10 for me.