UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

Unlocked captain boomerang last night. Still had trouble figuring out where to go once in Gotham. Finally found drawbridge to get into arkham. Opened more of Gotham city for me and headed to the rooftops. Got stuck with robin collecting coins on a ledge- saw slot but couldn't get him to reach it. Switched to batman and got the glide suit only to hit the wrong button mid jump so I completely missed the other rooftop. It was like wile e coyote cartoon. I ended up in front of axis chemicals which is where I was supposed to go next. Overall the switching of suits can get annoying, but this game was made for multiplayer afterall.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found character creator in Batcave. Pretty disappointing as you can not really apply any super powers.

Absolutley loving the game anyway! Black Adam is my favorite for cruising around Gotham looking for Gold Bricks and Hero Arches. Flight, Invulnerability, Super Strength and his Lightning power works like Heat Vision on gold bricks AND mimics Batman's lightning suit.

We had all the neices and nephews over playing as a group trying to find and unlock heroes after playing through story mode.. It is a ton of fun not knowing who is going to walk through the gold brick archway after you build it.. everyone cheered when we found Hawkman. After almost a week I can say this is hands down my favorite Lego game so far.. and I still get to go back through on free play and take my time getting every piece... as for Gotham.. I will be exploring and finding stuff for weeks.

Oh one more thing.. super speed during flight= AWESOME. While flying tap the X button (on PS3) a couple times to go super sonic. Just awesome! Braniac is pretty sweet too.. since he has magnet power. :)

Has anyone found a character that can mimic batman's power suit (shooting rockets or bombs?)??

as said a few post's above, the character creator is in the Batcave after you beat story, there are too racks with customization slots covered by a metal tub that retracts when you go near it

OKAY, this game is KILLING me. Freezing in the exact same place EVERY DAMN TIME. Batman says "great job" to Robin, gets in the Robin mobile, and bam. Nothing. The rain pours, but the car and everything else does absolutely nothing. So, apparently, my game is screwed up to hell.

Fuck.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Can they ever release a Lego game without bugs, often of the game-breaking variety?

I've enjoyed the gameplay so far, but replaying the first level in freeplay was impossible, because I can't go down the hole in the stage after beating Harley Quinn.

Also, I'm not 100% convinced that the save game computers in each level work. I was playing through the Ace Chemical level, got halfway through the level, but had to quit, so I saved it at the checkpoint. Came back later and had to play through the entire level again.

I have also had to restart levels after "saving" halfway through. It's kind of annoying, but I'm not taking any more chances with it. Going to complete each level before I quit. Also had the game freeze once on me (Xbox version), but otherwise I'm very happy with it. LOVE the graphics.

• 9 months later...

There are several bricks that are VERY easy to get, but that i had a hard time finding simply because the items didn't glow or shimmer in the game the way they normally do.

I've just finished it last weekend. I ended up caving and having to use a walk though for the last brick, only to remember that i had already figured it out the week before - but didn't have the character required at the time to solve it. LOL.

I actually found the last character hugely disappointing. You'll actually probably be stoked - but i thought it was a bit of a weird character to save for last.

There are several bricks that are VERY easy to get, but that i had a hard time finding simply because the items didn't glow or shimmer in the game the way they normally do.

I've just finished it last weekend. I ended up caving and having to use a walk though for the last brick, only to remember that i had already figured it out the week before - but didn't have the character required at the time to solve it. LOL.

I actually found the last character hugely disappointing. You'll actually probably be stoked - but i thought it was a bit of a weird character to save for last.

It WAS a very odd character who didn't really bring much to the table. But it'll do in a pinch. I'm just stoked to have a video game with all the major Justice League members that DOESN'T suck.

Though I do wish that the game would let you replay those mini bosses that you fight to unlock the new characters.

For those, like me, who haven't picked this up yet, supposedly it will be on sale at Target for $20 the week of the 14th.

I'm not sure what the conversion is like, but this game was about $69-$69 at release on australia. I picked it up after a few months when it had come down to $34. I can honestly say that it was well worth 34 bucks. At 20 - it'd be a steal.

pull the trigger ;)

• 1 year later...