UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

{Insert Obscure Character Name Here} Campaign

groundhog7s

I am tempted to join but no.DC needs us more.Someone has to do the dirty work that no one can.For we are the heroes this board deserv........oh you get the idea.

By the frequence you're changing banners, I guess tomorrow morning you'll come knocking. But don't be shy, we'll accept turncoats. :thumbsup:

Nah,i've jumped back and forth like Alkiviades did but now i'm in my home.For I AM with BATMAN!!!!

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that Grannyhog. But under these circumstances I can't be a bannerman anymore. I would have followed you, my brother. My captain. My king. I would have offered my talents as the King's Hand. But to mingle with Raccoons crosses a line that shouldn't be crossed my dear friend.

That's cool. I got what I needed from you so I really don't need your loyalty any more.

And I'll just say that I think that the odds of seeing Squirrel Girl eventually improved greatly once the push for reviving DC started up again.

And while all the others rise to power, one shall remain in shadow until his time is needed. From the farthest distance he shall remove each candidate from battle, one by one, until only he, the Soldier, stands remaining. Join while you can, or face a most cruel, cold death.

Join the Winter Soldier Campaign.

2f03r5z.jpg

More on the non-Toad candidates:

DC - I'm listening. Unfortunately DC isn't. But a worthy campaign regardless of the Multiverse uniting behind Toad. We can do both.

Wrecking Crew - I'm intrigued. I'll reserve judgment until I've fully heard the case for the Wrecking Crew.

Bagman - This is the only variation of Spidey left and unworthy of a campaign. He's probably already slotted for release. In four variations: battle damaged, black, light blue and dark blue.

Dr. Bong - before Howie? No way!

Zemo - Too purple and Kangy after our last campaign.

Contenders in my humble opinion:

Toad

Wrecking Crew

Falcon

Batroc the Leaper

Zemo

Utter joke candidates ;)

Dr.Bong

Squirrel Girl

Rocket Racoon

Winter Soldier

Bagman Spidey

Gideon

Toad

Wrecking Crew

Falcon

Batroc the Leaper

Zemo

X-Men

Blob

Pyro

Avalanche

Mystique

Forge

Banshee

Other

Doc Samson

Classic Punisher

I can get behind just about any of these. Especially Brotherhood or Avenger-related.

However, considering that my Avatar has been a squirrel since I joined 3 years ago...

Edited by Kamsm8

to complete the guy looking out of an animals mouth collection.

okay, this civil war has officially jumped the shark.

Still took less time then the Marvel one did, though.

Sorry to hear that Grannyhog. But under these circumstances I can't be a bannerman anymore. I would have followed you, my brother. My captain. My king. I would have offered my talents as the King's Hand. But to mingle with Raccoons crosses a line that shouldn't be crossed my dear friend.

That's cool. I got what I needed from you so I really don't need your loyalty any more.

And I'll just say that I think that the odds of seeing Squirrel Girl eventually improved greatly once the push for reviving DC started up again.

So I've either exposed a festering traitor in your ranks, or cost you one of your most valuable lieutenants. Either way, win for me. A strategy fiendishly clever, worthy of one of the greatest tacticians in the known universe... Rocket Raccoon. :devil:

Don't underestimate me, sire.

So I've either exposed a festering traitor in your ranks, or cost you one of your most valuable lieutenants. Either way, win for me.

Is it? Patience my naive friend. Wait and see how the plan evolves.

What is all this nonsense?? A girl with a rodent fetish? A jumping Frenchman? Space roadkill? BAH!

There is only one true heir to the throne of Kang......Baron Zemo

- He's purple (just like Kang)

- Major Avengers villain (just like Kang)

- He's awesome!! (just like Kang)

Zemo superior, all other choices...inferior.

Oh, fwooshy, that Prussian arrogance comes shining through no matter what, eh? Oh of course, you forget that under that mask he's just a scarred little boy with severe daddy issues. And one of his few "successful" campaigns? He could not have done it without the aide le Master de Savate, the incomprable Batroc, repeatedly outwitting their mutual star-spangeled foe!

Wrecking Crew - I'm intrigued. I'll reserve judgment until I've fully heard the case for the Wrecking Crew.

Thanks for calling my side a contender.

To make my point clear: since a lot of potential retailers want 4-packs and given the current development of sculpted pieces and the obscure popularity of THE CREW (potential movie cameos in each Thor2 and/or Avengers2?), this is a perfect and complete set. We've already seen more obscure 4-packs recently like the Femme Fatals, Spectral Ghostbusters or even Heralds of Galactus and Age of X. These sets are all lacking a Big Shot like Spidey, Wolverino, Iron Man or Cap. DST is willing to produce sets like these. And THE CREW would ultimately pave the way for more team 4-packs.

Besides that: Wrecker smashed Thor and he's not affraid to do the same with everybody else you have on your banners. And that's just the Wrecker!

And they've been chosen 3rd on the first 'verse wide poll in 2009.

See my point? May I welcome you on board?

Edited by Bob Harris

I think there is still a few characters not been championed yet not that I'm putting my name into the hat for them.

Avengers like Tigra and Black Knight spring to mind

Spidey second stringers. Puma, Prowler and Rocket Racer.

To be honest I can see all of the above with maybe the exception of Rocket Racer being brought up at one time or another.

Ohh and I'm on the fence my sig displays different everytime it refreshes, but out off the ones already championed I would say Wrecking Crew is up there as for me they have crossed paths with nearly every main Marvel hero at one time and so they are perfect villain fodder for the everyone.

You're very welcome to join THE CREW, MiniFiend! And I've noticed your changing sig. Thought you made it change on purpose. I have no idea how it does it accidently.

Hellpop: good laugh. ;)

ohh its not an accident I uploaded the sigs to a banner rotator so it displays a different one everytime :)

I am the constant change, the chaos factor and resident storm in the banner tea cup.

I don't understand why Squirrel Girl is so popular. She's destroyed so many great characters, it's not even funny. :(

As in - defeated them in battle? . . . with her Squirrels?

I don't understand why Squirrel Girl is so popular. She's destroyed so many great characters, it's not even funny. :(

As in - defeated them in battle? . . . with her Squirrels?

Not just that, but she made a lot of very credible characters look like a joke. I can (grudgingly) accept her defeating Doctor Doom, but Korvac? Thanos? Ego the Living Planet? How the heck can you defeat a living planet with squirrels? Or how the heck can you defeat Korvac, who held his own against a crapload of Avengers (plus some of their allies)?

I am tempted to join but no.DC needs us more.Someone has to do the dirty work that no one can.For we are the heroes this board deserv........oh you get the idea.

By the frequence you're changing banners, I guess tomorrow morning you'll come knocking. But don't be shy, we'll accept turncoats. :thumbsup:

Nah,i've jumped back and forth like Alkiviades did but now i'm in my home.For I AM with BATMAN!!!!

So you did join THE CREW at last. Isn't it annoying how right I was? :yes:

So you did join THE CREW at last. Isn't it annoying how right I was? :yes:

Since the dc campaign is over(though the page is till running),falcon and winter soldier will be released in 2014 along the second cap movie,rocket will be in a GotG set,toad will be in a brotherhood set,the rest I don't really like,I joined the crew. I like the characters,they are important and they are a four pack. So yeah,the crew is the best option for me. I think that campaigns should be about box sets or waves. It's a lot easier to release a pack than trying to figure out where to put one character.