UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

Ah - Punisher. Thank you. You are awesome!

Well - i have to say, i'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for her Weapon X look, but they seem to have gone in for a mix of the drab colours of her current look, with the ridiculous Phoenix custome that was given to her from the Yoshida & Bachalo mini series.

Still... 3 Jean Greys in one wave is pretty crazy.

Edited by Nessex

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, and it appears i'm wrong. I actually like this better though. Can swap hairpieces, can hopefully remove the top, and she's fairly close to modern. Works for me.

3 Jeans in one wave is AMAZING, i love it. I just hope this can still get us a new Green and Dark Phoenix in a future wave (with different headsculpt, hopefully)

Huh - so *that's* where that body came from! Well spotted, H-J.

The costume is pretty comic-accurate for the era. I've actually been hoping we'd get a (slightly less slutty) minimate version of the same outfit.

I think it's really the odd, stretched out (x) logo that seems to make her breasts look more ridiculous. Like - even if she were zipped up, it still wouldn't form the x-logo. LOL.

Huh - so *that's* where that body came from! Well spotted, H-J.

The costume is pretty comic-accurate for the era. I've actually been hoping we'd get a (slightly less slutty) minimate version of the same outfit.

I think it's really the odd, stretched out (x) logo that seems to make her breasts look more ridiculous. Like - even if she were zipped up, it still wouldn't form the x-logo. LOL.

It basically makes it look like the "x"s are supposed to be nipples.huh.png

The Iron Man Legends series is already out; just saw them at TRU. Also out are the little ones with interchangeable arms, which look like CRAP. But the Legends are nice. They're also BOGO 40% off, so I ended up buying Iron Patriot and the modern one.

• 2 weeks later...

nice find! I have a disney store at my mall where the TRU is located but I hardly go over there. I'd kill for that archangel. gonna have to check them out next time I go that way.

He's really nice. I almost passed on him, since I really shouldn't be buying two Marvel Legends the same week that I bought four sets of Minimates, but then I remembered his Amazon price, so I bought both. His wings are huge, and I've no idea how he's going to stand. But they really nailed him. Hyperion too. So excited to finally get a Squadron Supreme action figure! banana.gif

BTW, I meant to mention that if anyone is interested in Hype's Hit Monkey pieces (his arms and guns) AND has the Iron Monger's right leg (from classic Iron Man) and would like to trade, let me know.

Archangel is great, really sharp figure. I wish he had clawed hands, but he's a really nice example of how good the relaunch has been. And you can take the wings off and see what that plain buck looks like (and what Cyclops will look like soon).

Actually want Hyperion now too; wish he was that sharp modern black and gold look but classic works. I'd rather have Sentry for the Dark Avengers, but Hyperion looks nice too. Which reminds me, i need Daken.

I really wish the next wave and Wolverine Legends weren't so far off, there're so many amazing figures coming soon. Never thought we'd ever see Phoenix Cyclops.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I'm not a collector of Avengers stuff - but damn, this looks like a much better effort on Ultron than the last time he got a 6" scale figure:

Iron-Man-3-Marvel-Legneds-Series-2-UltroULTRON.jpg

Menacing Metal Monster or Aluminium Bunny Rabbit - CHOOSE YOUR FATE!

I would probably have passed on the MS Ultron if I'd known this one was coming when I got him, but I agree the MS is better. Still, for a repaint with a new head and shoulder pads, he is nice. The TB one is one of the worst figures they ever made... of course, the whole Legendary Riders series was pretty terrible.

I'm looking forward to completing Iron Monger... having to buy movie figures to do it, not so much.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The guy has no picture of it up other than the stock photo released by Hasbro which seems a bit dubious to me.

To be honest, Hasbro has absolutely frigging butchered my love for this line. I am really glad to see a lot of B, C & even D list characters coming out.... but something about the newer figures feels... cheaper than the old ToyBiz figs.

To be honest, the waiting time between waves, the even longer wait for running changes, the switch to little BAFs that should probably be be Pack-in's with a single figure, the price increases, the spotty distribution....

i don't know - maybe some of those issues were there when ToyBiz ran the show as well... but i think i was excited enough by what came out to over look price rises and 'the hunt'. Maybe minimates has spoiled me with regular releases and a deeper character selection?

I've bought maybe 3 or 4 of the X characters from the last few waves of Hasbro ML... and i've opened 1. The rest are sitting in boxes in a cupboard. I'm wondering if it might be time to give away this habit. . . :/