UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Funko Pop!

groundhog7s

Here's the ultimate problem I see with Funko products, how much life do these have before the entire line implodes from either too much product, or more likely, by being replaced by the next "hot trendy collectible"? Does anyone see these still being around in a few years?

Funko Pop = Beanie Babies...

whitechicks-1.gif

I see the Pop! line as being more analogous to Kubricks. Tons of licenses, basic look, rabid fan base willing to spend rediculous amounts on variants.

Silence you! They are nothing alike! comp26.gif

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*must NOT be drawn into collecting exclusives, must NOT be drawn into collecting exclusives, must NOT be drawn into collecting exclusives, must NOT be drawn into collecting exclusives, must NOT be drawn into collecting exclusives, must NOT be drawn into collecting exclusives, must NOT be drawn into collecting exclusives, must NOT be drawn into collecting exclusives, must NOT be drawn into collecting exclusives, must NOT be drawn into collecting exclusives, must NOT be drawn into collecting exclusives, must NOT be drawn into collecting exclusives, must NOT be drawn into collecting exclusives, must NOT be drawn into collecting exclusives, must NOT be drawn into collecting exclusives, must NOT be drawn into collecting exclusives, must NOT be a dull boy....

hp, you're pretty much looking at $9-$10 per Pop and there are a lot of on-line options. In store, you'll find them at most B&N, Hot Topic, Frye's Electronics and some LCSs.

Every year Funko releases their yearly catalog with most everything coming out that year (although some from last year still haven't come out). In this year's catalog were the following Pop figures:
IM3

Thor 2
Monsters U
Disney series 5

Star Wars series 4

The Big Lebowski

Dr. Blake Downs

Ace Ventura

Jay and Silent Bob

BTTF (Doc. Marty and a Delorean)

Superman and Zod

Walking Dead TV series 3

Despicable Me

Big Bang Theory (Amy & Leonard)

Wizard of Oz series 2

Wolverine movie

Dark Knight Joker and Clown Thug

60's Batman TV

60's Batman TV Batmobile

Sonic the Hedgehog

Gears of War

Starcraft

Diablo

Mass Effect

TMNT
Alien vs Predator

Robocop

Hannibal Lector

Chucky

Pennywise the Clown

Sam from Trick or Treat

Capt Spaulding

Ghostface

Scarface

Pulp Fiction

Kill Bill

Game of Thrones series 2

Christmas Story (with cowboy Ralphie, Bunny Ralphie and the Old Man with the lamp)

Superboy

Robby the Robot

B-9

Regular Show

Adventure Time series 2

WWE

Michael Jackson

Beavis and Butthead

Misfit Fiend

Iron Giant

Evil Dead

and best of all, My Little Pony

Seriously, that's about as overkill as you can get. And none of that includes the insane amount of exclusives they'll be doing this year (such as Deadpool, who gets glow in the dark, yellow X-Men uniform, inverse uniform, X-Force uniform and unmasked regular and X-Force exclusives). Total insanity, but as I've said before the Pop line will have more different licenses to it than any other toy line by the time they are done.

Here's some pics of the catalog. I stil think it'd be awesome to see a DST version of this.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/a-bunch-of-funko-new-reveals

Thanks for sharing. Iron Giant is a must have, and ill have to try very hard to not get the TMNT and Power Rangers. Sometimes it's good to be a collector in the UK, as you don't see things in person, and therefore don't have as many impulse buys.

The 2.5 inch figures look nice, but I hate blind packed anything. A pain in the butt to collect.

I swear, the guy that negotiates their licenses must be the most persuasive man in the world. They must be hiring out of work pharmaceutical reps.

@Groundhog: Yes, I know the places where I can pay FULL PRICE, but I'm looking for bargains, man! Bargains!

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm very slowly dipping my toes into the Funko Pop! waters... trying to be smart about it, though. I bought a GL on clearance, and I bought Wonder Woman and Hawkman on Amazon. My local B&N has a bunch of these, but I'm really trying to keep it under control. Pray for me!

I gotta admit, I'm confused as to why they're doing Jasmine, Genie and Jafar, but no Aladdin in that wave, especially since they'er slowing down on how many Disney waves they do a year. Just kind of weird.

And hp, it sounds like you've already hit the point of no return. I think so long as you don't turn into the type of collector that starts buying all of the prototypes too you're probably safe though.

I gotta admit, I'm confused as to why they're doing Jasmine, Genie and Jafar, but no Aladdin in that wave, especially since they'er slowing down on how many Disney waves they do a year. Just kind of weird. And hp, it sounds like you've already hit the point of no return. I think so long as you don't turn into the type of collector that starts buying all of the prototypes too you're probably safe though.

Tell that to my wife.unsure.png

Argh! Seven Deadpools that I know of so far. Well, this fool and his money will be parted! Have the regular and the GitD Deadpool on the way, looks like I missed the pre-order on the Inverse. Keeping my eye out for the others.