UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dooms' Castle

rx78jj

Well I went to Target today and went thru the isles with all the crap that's on special right now and found something interesting. I bought the sucker and started building a castle for my little minimate Dr. Doom. Well, I'll let you be the judge on how it turned out.

post-138-1167981642_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I was looking at those as well and thinking the same. Did you build that from just one set? If it is, I may just have to go back and pick one up(I believe they were $14...maybe less now). It looks pretty cool, and it's interchangable also. I stocked-up on a few clearance Fisher-Price Imaginext castle sets a few years ago(nice scale), however it takes up so much space that I will probably never use it. This would be a nice alternative and be easier to store than the cumbersome F.P. one.

I actually bought two sets to really get the size I wanted. Took me a few hours to really get the layout I wanted. To top it off I even bought the Figure Factory Doom. That little guy comes with two flags from his country that I'm gonna put on his castle to really bring out the Latverian way. :D

Looks sweet with him in that turret! :D

Glomit

Here it is with the flags up and him getting into a little tussle with the Fantastic 4. Also a pic of the flag upclose.

post-138-1168038729_thumb.jpg

post-138-1168039047_thumb.jpg

OMG!

that looks great, i love it :D

especially the thingys that the minimates can climb on :)

and the donkey in the back helps too :P

That donkey is a genetic monstrosity! Can you see how huge that thing is!! Also the castle is bigger than a bread box. LOL. Thank you everyone for the kind comments about my castle. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
:D Well actually the Lego Castle didn't cost me a dime, It was a x-mas present. I did see the same set on clearance sale at Target though. Not sure if they would still have any where your at. The set originally went for 95-100 bucks though. It wasn't to complicated to assemble and it's worth it for the mini's to have a home.

I like the sentinal hanging out in the background. Looks a lot closer to Minimate scale than it does to Legends scale. I guess I will be moving my sentinal over with my minimates now.