UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Canada Post Possible Strike

pickle

I sure am. I got a parcel en route from Vegas and I'm hoping it makes it here by tomorrow (before the strike deadline). I took my chances and had my American contact send the parcel when they (CP) postponed last week's strike threat. Ugh... I hope it's averted and finally resolved at the last minute. I want my Marvel wave 10, HALO and Captain America exclusive Dag Nabbit!

According to the latest news, the union has stated that the last minute proposals from Canada Post aren't enough to avert the strike. With less than 3 hours till the deadline, I'm resigned to the fact that this is going to happen.

I just hope that it'll be relatively short.

Edited by Aethyr

Why couldn't this crap happen when I wasn't expecting a parcel from the USA. Yay for delays! I'm super stoked.<_<

Should have gone with my gut and had my contact use a courier company instead. Ah well, let the excruciating waiting commence. Just hope those jerks at Canada Post don't lose my stuff during this time.:verymad:

Well it looks like it time to take my foot out of my mouth. My parcel from Vegas arrived. Guess I should thank the rolling strike for that. Anywho, my next delivery will have to wait safely in the US till this crap blows over.

I am confused by how this strike works.

I am just hoping my stuff from the UK gets to me, it should have been here early next week.

From what I understand, these are rolling strikes. It started in Winnipeg yesterday and will spread to other cities each day. I also heard something about these rolling strikes only lasting 24 hour periods in which ever city they affected. I agree, it is a strange way to strike and makes little sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that it has moved onto a full scale, complete shut down I am even more irritated as I have stuff going both ways that is going to be delayed or be unable to ship till this is done. I even have a couple packages to be shipped within country which is kinda rare and they are stuck sitting here!! Guess I could always ship them by bus LOL

Jeff of the Miniacs

Now that it has moved onto a full scale, complete shut down I am even more irritated as I have stuff going both ways that is going to be delayed or be unable to ship till this is done. I even have a couple packages to be shipped within country which is kinda rare and they are stuck sitting here!! Guess I could always ship them by bus LOL

Jeff of the Miniacs

No, use the donkey system we talked about. :biggrin:

UPS should get an increase in business. I just sold some items on eBay and used UPS on Friday

• 2 weeks later...

I am now much happier that the mail in Canada is flowing again, I have packages to ship that I will be able to finally!

Anyone waiting to ship stuff to Canada, or to get stuff from Canada I sure will feel the same way!

Jeff of the Miniacs

is the strike over?

The government debated for 58 straight hours before taking their summer holidays and finally forced both the union and Canada Post to let the works go back to work and get the mail flowing again.

Jeff of the Miniacs

They are taking their sweet ass time getting the mail flowing again. Monday all mail boxes were to be unsealed and mail was to begin being delivered Tuesday. Well it's Thurday and the mailbox my wife and I get our mail from IS STILL SEALED! Way to go Canada Post. Get your crap together already. <_<