UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Turning a Spider-negative into a positive...

Valo487

We all know one thing when it comes to Minimates.....DST loves Spider-Man. Oh do they love them some Spider-Man. Now, as much as we all lament getting a million versions of one character, I'll give credit where it's due, and DST does do a pretty good job of making the Spider-Mates look good, and we usually get some good supporting cast 'mates out of this lovefest. So I started thinking after a post on the Wave 42 thread, there are a LOT of box sets or waves that could be made featuring Spider-Man while also getting a lot of cool supporting characters out of the deal, so perhaps if there was a thread where suggestions were made, next time the powers that be at DST are jonesing for a Spider-Man fix they could utilize some of our suggestions and get the most out of the situation. A few that came to mind for me were:

Clone Saga:

New Scarlet Spider (removable mask, Reilly head etc.)

Kaine

The Jackal

Spidercide/Ben Reilly/Clone Spider-Man suit/Scrier/Suit Doc Ock

Maximum Carnage:

New Carnage

Doppleganger

Demogoblin

Shriek

Identity Crisis: (Yeah I know, they're ALL Spider-Man variants, but they also went on to become separate characters)

Ricochet

Prodigy

Dusk

Hornet

The Gauntlet/Grim Hunt: (Mostly just an excuse to get some new characters, I'm sure they'll throw a Spider-Man in somewhere)

Scorpion II

Red Vulture

Hammerhead

Morbius

Plus there's at least 25 characters that are Spider-Man related that would work in a Spider-Man series or boxset, what do you guys think?

I'd be down for a Maximum Carnage set. I've been hankering for Shriek & Doppelganger for ages.

D'ganger could serve as the 'Spidey' figure. We'd get 2 new villains (one a female) plus an update on a VERY early minimate.

Sounds like pure win to me.

What are you talking about hellpop? I don't know where that came from. I mean, if you're doing Identity Crisis, how could you not have one of the slots as Atom or Elongated Man?

They're in the TRU complimentary pack.

Wow, I thought there'd be more input for this considering all the griping about Spider-Man overload. Guess not.

I actually liked your ideas... I just couldn't resist getting in a little joke. :blush:

I just read the "Real Clone Saga" the other day (ironically I've never read the original) and it made me long for the Jackal, which seems pretty easy to do with some Wolverine hair (Lord knows there's enough to choose from...). And I'd like a Scarlett Spider with the hoodie as a separate piece rather then a tampo.

Now that 6-armed Spidey's been done, the only Spidey I'd really like to see is Amazing Bag-man. Wouldn't mind an updated Peter Parker, though if there's anyone that wants him that hasn't customized him... for shame.

I'd be all over a Slingers set. What a great, short lived comic that was.

Edited by hellpop