UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 1 Minimates Correction

Hey guys,

Slight correction for the first series of Battlestar Galactica Minimates.

The two-packs in the first series will be:

Admiral Cain & Starbuck

Apollo & Dualla

Red Dress Six & Cylon Centurion

Chase: White Dress Six

The President Roslin & Tom Zarak two-pack is not included in the first assortment.

Here's a larger image of the Admiral Cain/Starbuck set. Enjoy!

Cain_Starbuck01.JPG

I agree! Thanks for stopping in Matt!

So, with the previous protos we've seen over the course of the year and the revised first wave it seems like you guys might have the first 3 or more waves ready to go. I'm liking the sounds of that!

While it's good to finally hear something "official", I was kind of hoping that they would be releasing 4 (2-packs)per series rather than the normal 3; less over-stock for stores and those who buy cases and more characters in each release. Especially with the long-waits between releases. Hopefully AA/DST is doing something about this and we will begin to see more new releases on regular basis.

Also, one small complaint. Why couldn't they have cast the helmets in transluscent plastic(then painted)to allow the faces to show through the visor. They cast previous releases' hair-pieces(Sue Storm, Emma Frost, etc.)in clear plastic when it was totally unneccessary, and yet refrained when it would have made perfect sense. It's little details like this that make a huge difference. I just do not understand their logic.

Also, one small complaint. Why couldn't they have cast the helmets in transluscent plastic(then painted)to allow the faces to show through the visor. They cast previous releases' hair-pieces(Sue Storm, Emma Frost, etc.)in clear plastic when it was totally unneccessary, and yet refrained when it would have made perfect sense. It's little details like this that make a huge difference. I just do not understand their logic.

I think the clear plastic thing is one of making the most of what's in the mould... my guess is that the clear pieces you saw before were made in the same mould as the clear emma/sue storm... so al lthe pieces were clear.

I dont think there are any other clear pieces in the BSG waves so... hence no clear visor.

I too would have likedit to be either clear or cut out but my guess is by cutting it out then it makes the bottom of the front of the helmet too flimsy.

T.

I'm impressed. I didn't think I'd be tempted to pick these up, as I've fallen incredibly far behind on the current show, but the amount of detail has really impressed me. As long as the final product looks as good as these protos, I'll be buying them all.

(Now, where's some news and photos of the classic line, damnit?!?)

It's looking great but still is a weird line-up for a first wave.

...only if it isn't immediately followed-up with another wave to "round-out" our roster! I thought the same at first, however now I'm trying to remain optomistic and think that this strategy will help us get our second and third tier characters as well. There's just so many characters (and possible variations)in this series, that any other method wouldn't have worked. The "classic" series, on the other hand, could pretty much be achieved in 1-2 waves (especially if they had gone with 4 sets (X3) per series).