UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

First full-length Captain America trailer!

It certainly makes the film seem more promising than the initial trailer.

I'm intrigued by how convincing Chris Evans looks as a scrawny little dude.

And the visual effects seem top-nothc.

I'm still not crazy about how his mask sits on his head, but if the story is good, his look won't matter too much to me :thumbsup:

Thought: If Howard Stark has a cameo do we get to see Anton Vanko or Obadiah Stane?

It seems weird to me they're willing to shoehorn in a Stark but not try to show some of his partners who later became/fathered villains.

On topic:

Cap looks like a better film with each trailer... It still feels to me like this would have been with any other movie franchise a direct-to-dvd (probably anime) feature meant as a buzz generating "prequel" to promote the Avengers, but because it's cast is a little more high profile Avengers has the balls to charge $22 a 3D-ticket for it's prequel tie-ins (Thor feels that way too, but I still want to see it, and Iron Man 2 was most definitely such, with such things as "setting up for Avengers" and "Nick Fury and Black Widow having lots of screen time" given more importance then such things as "plot" and "logical behavior")

I probably will watch it on DVD just before Avengers comes out so I know what's going on there (although I doubt the plots so cerebral I'll be lost if I don't as long as glance over the wikipedia page) but even if Thor is absolutely Iron Man 1 level awesome showing Marvel actually cares about making stand alone movies and not just going through the motions until they can release Avengers there's no way I picture myself seeing this in theaters, it just reeks of a "Avengers Origins: Captain America" rather then a "Captain America: THE MOVIE!"