UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Need some help

pickle

I have this problem... kinda

I am new to selling on ebay, but I have sold a few things in the last year with no problems. Last week I put up two new auctions and sold them both today. On my auctions, I state that I only ship to Canada, USA and the UK. Well, the winner of one of the items is from Israel and has zero established feedback.

Israel????? WTF, Is this person for reals.. I stated that I only ship to three places.

Anyway, I tried to do one of those resolution things, but ebay tells me I needs to wait four days before I can do that. What do you think I should/can do? Should I just go ahead and ebay help support. I am so ticked and confused by this.

Oh and I checked what shipping would be for him and it costs $45. More then the item the person purchased.

Israel???? I still can't believe it.

Maybe they'll be willing to pay the shipping?

If they are - are you willing to post the item?

If not - than continue down the path you're on and follow through with the reporting to eBay.

Also: how did it LET him bid?

When i try to bid on USA austions who don't ship outside the USA, i get a message informing me that i can NNOT bid due to restrictions the seller has added to the auction about shipping.

Maybe they'll be willing to pay the shipping?

If they are - are you willing to post the item?

If not - than continue down the path you're on and follow through with the reporting to eBay.

Also: how did it LET him bid?

When i try to bid on USA austions who don't ship outside the USA, i get a message informing me that i can NNOT bid due to restrictions the seller has added to the auction about shipping.

Some people outside of the US make ebay.com accounts, it's really annoying. If they followed proper procedure then pickle's auction would not have shown up for them.

You would think the buyer would contact you and ask if it's ok to bid. I have had that happen to me in the past. It's a pain to go thru this but you got to be safe and protect yourself. The worse part is the buyer has zero feedback. I personally would go thru the eBay process and get your fees back and relist the item. That's just me.

You have no obligation to send the item to Israel because you stipulated NA & UK.....neither the seller nor ebay could legally push the issue & in my experience ebay couldn't give a f8ck either way.

In all fairness to the guy in Israel I would politely explain the situation first & then cancel the transaction via the proper ebay process of ' auction cancellation' . You'll notice that this isn't straightforward 'easy' because ebay gears itself up to be awkward when things go wrong...persevere!