UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats are go!

Zombieboyfiend

QUOTE (Donny B @ Jan 26 2011, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
is there a point to this thread?

I'm thinking the point is to celebrate the new Thundercats show

Here's hoping this relaunch will work out better than Masters of the Universe ;)

maybe but this in nothing new.....

oh and the "new" Lion-O = HUGE FAIL!

Edited by Ninja Mate

I tried to watch a couple of episodes of the original Thundercats a short while back, and the original does not hold up. Much less so than does Transformers and GI Joe. Maybe about on par with the original He-Man cartoon, though, which is just horrible. Really horrible show.

I never cared much for this one even as a kid, so I'll probably skip it, but I certainly understand the nostalgia part of it, and am glad if fans of the original get something worth watching (a la GI Joe Resolute).

Yeah that Lion-O looks stupid.

I thought the MOTU relaunch was an excellent show so if this one is anywhere near as good as that one I will be happy.

The Lion-o aboev looks like a wimpy little kid. seriously thats supposed to be the leader of the Thundercats. Mumm-ra would take one look at him and fall over laughing.

• 2 weeks later...
Bandai's press release photos confirm to me that the 8in classic line will be the best new toy line this year. I was really afraid of how they might ruin them (like they have a habit of doing, IMO), but those look very sharp. Maybe they'll do a 4in classics line also (the new animation just isn't doing it for me).

I agree with you on every point. cant wait for the classic line. no interestst in the New line.

$17.99 for an 8" :jawdrop: That hurts the wallet.

That's around the going rate for DCUC figures. And they're only 6 inches tall.

...oh. I only collect Minimates and Mighty Muggs so hadnt really paid attention to anything like that. and breifly looked at MU but those are only like $8.99.

Edited by Ninja Mate

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Thundercats HOOOOOOOO!!!

Sorry, but a series premier this cool deserved a necro. Did anyone else see this? Very Avatar TLA-esk. I loved the feel. I actually liked most of the characters. It was good to hear Batman on screen again doing his thing. Cheetera was hot as usual, but the Wildkittens were actually cool and Snarf was cute. There were robots and death. What universe is this?!