UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What one DC mini are you most looking forward to

Shanester

What I would like to see: vehicles and playsets. A revival of C3 would be cool, with one caveat: sell packs of mates (two and four packs) along with the playsets and vehicles! I worked at both Target and TRU during C3's heyday, and the big question I got from customers looking at the playsets was, "Can we get more figures to go with the set?" That more figures were not available was a turnoff to the customer. On the flip side, some people were turned off to the figures WITHOUT playsets because they felt it was like buying Lego guys without the Lego! Really, I think separate figure sets along with C3 sets would have been a winning combo--we still may have had C3 today if AA went this route (maybe they didnt have a choice).

Alternatively, I would like to see the DC figs come packaged in two packs, or single figs with a vehicle, like the Speed Racer line. I don;t even like Speed Racer, and I am tempted to pick these up! I would like to see for vehicles:

Batman with Batmobile (natch)

Robin with Batwing

Batgirl (classic) with Catcycle

Current Batwoman with Batboat (I know she hasn't had a Batboat yet, or any other vehicle for that matter, but these action figure with vehicle sets don't have to take exclusively from comic canon. And we need a Batboat!)

Wonder woman with invisible jet

Aquaman with sea horse (just kidding! or not B) )

Green Arrow with Arrow Car

Blue Beetle with his bug

Superman with the Supermobile

Joker with Jokermobile

Brainiac with Skull Ship and extra Superman and maybe another hero or villian (ship can open into a playset)

Terra Man with sky cycle (and a Black Adam to tear him in half---BWAA-HAA-HAA-HAAA!)

Playsets:

Superman with Fortress of Solitude (and maybe a Krypto!)

Batman and Batcave (duh)

Batman, Joker, and another villian (Scarecrow?) with Arkham Asylum

Lex Luthor and secret lair/death trap

Dr Fate and Spectre with Fate's tower

Justice League Headquarters Playset with Martian Manhunter and another figure (prob one of the bigger sellers, like Flash or Superman or Batman)

Darkseid, Orion, and Parademon with Darkseid's Palace)

Desaad, Mister Miracle with Desaad's lab/lair

Supergirl/the Flash/Villian (Parasite?) in STAR Labs

Captain Marvel, Wizard, Black Adam with Rock of Eternity playset (just so I can see the word "lust" on a toy!)

Some of these are downright fantasy and probably have a snowball's chance in the Inferno of being made (lke the New Gods stuff, alas), but some are good bets and may do well (JLA headquarters, Batcave, Sup's Fortress). Has anyone heard whether AA is forbidden to do playsets/vehicles ala Marvel? That the license is through DCD rather worries me, since DCD seems to focus on figures and doesn't do vehicles, etc. But focusing on those things can do well for the Mainstream (i e the kiddies), earn AA some cash, which can fuel the more niche (collector's) figures (like the New Gods, etc)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a sucker for the bat-babes so Huntress, Ivy and Catwoman are high on the wishlist. I'd like a Superman Red Son variant too with the hammer and sickle on his chest.

How can minimate-Braniac be considered evil when he looks so ickle? 13-level intelligence maybe, but I just can't take him seriously.