UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Help with Damian Wayne Custom

JoeyCrypts

i'v been thinking about a Damian Wayne robin custom for the past few weeks

so far i'v thought of these parts which could be used with as little modification as possible

DCD Robin Torso

DCD Robin Skirt

Black legs

Black Crotch

Black Arms

Hands (will paint these to match the gauntlets)

C3 Batman chemical warehouse Gauntlets

DCD penguin feet

need help with the cape, hood, head and hair.

was thinking of the C3 nightwing head for the mask but any suggestions appreciated

Hair - I would use the Punisher War Zone Jigsaw or the Ultimate Avengers Tony Stark

Head - maybe a slightly modified DCD Hal Jordan Green Lantern?

Cape/Hood - I would just paint a Moon Knight set brown, if that is the cape/hood you mean? If you don't want to paint, there aren't currently a lot of options for brown hoods/capes. Old Man Logan?

EDIT: Yeah, Nightwing mask would work better...

Edited by youbastards

can I ask why you'd want a Damian Wayne minimate?

EDIT - sorry, thats not very helpful at all now, is it? Perhaps a spectre hood and cape or the cloak effect? I'd probably go with an SM3 Eddie Brock for the head/hair... only a little painting to stick a mask on and recolour the hair... its the right style, and the sneer would certainly suit him.

Edited by bobafett

Hair - I would use the Punisher War Zone Jigsaw or the Ultimate Avengers Tony Stark

Head - maybe a slightly modified DCD Hal Jordan Green Lantern?

Cape/Hood - I would just paint a Moon Knight set brown, if that is the cape/hood you mean? If you don't want to paint, there aren't currently a lot of options for brown hoods/capes. Old Man Logan?

EDIT: Yeah, Nightwing mask would work better...

I had thought about the Moon Knight Cape/hood but the cape is too large and flowing for the robin cape. My original though was the hood from this Rocky mate.

EDIT - sorry, thats not very helpful at all now, is it? Perhaps a spectre hood and cape or the cloak effect? I'd probably go with an SM3 Eddie Brock for the head/hair... only a little painting to stick a mask on and recolour the hair... its the right style, and the sneer would certainly suit him.

No its not and the question is "why wouldn't i want a damian wayne mate?"

We ARE talking about this guy, right? :P

damon-wayans1.jpg

Gotta say, that's what I first thought the title of this thread was, until I read closer. :blush:

I've thought about this too, after reading the first Batman & Robin book, and the cape's the big sticking point for me. If you want the yellow/black look, it's easy, just use C3 Robin. If you want the brown look, I agree that painting the Moon Knight cape and hood brown is the way to go. That Rocky hood doesn't look bad either, but I personally much prefer the newer hood. Oh, and to replicate the hood hanging on the back of the cape, you could probably just paint the Captain America mask that came in the recent box set black.

For the mask, I'd probably go with either Nightwing head, as I think they'd be the best match, even though they're not green. For the hair I'd probably go with the Sam Anders hairpiece.

Good luck; I'm curious to see how this turns out.

No its not and the question is "why wouldn't i want a damian wayne mate?"

I'd just assumed no one would be interested in him, as he is badly written, badly thought out, and a complete spazz... no biggie

good luck with your project