UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Looking for Bloggers

DaveOMac

Hey all. My name is Dave and I'm the guy behind Minimate Theatre and owner of CrimsonMonkey.com. Long story short is that the people who have been writing weekly columns for my site are being replaced. So I am looking for new writers to contribute a weekly column of their choosing. We are needing some specific columns, but will welcome anyone really who can keep a weekly schedule.

You are also welcome to contribute to other parts of the site but my main goal is to pick up some new columns to replace the "fired" writers.

Topics can cover all of pop culture or whatever you want but we are mostly looking for a comic column, a toy column and possibly a week in review type blog. You know kinda like the soup but more for the geeky online crowd.

I'm reaching out here because there are a lot of nice people on these boards and I'd rather spotlight people that deserve it than open it up to anyone.

Thanks for anyone who is interested.

Dave

Edited by DaveOMac

I've been toying with doing a few comic blogs/columns for my own sanity, if nothing else (once I get an idea in my head, they bounce around like a springy ball trapped in a cube) so I'm certainly interested in having a shot.

I'm intrigued by the 'firings', I now have this picture in my head of you yelling "Get out of my office Parker!!" . ;)

We fire our writers out of cannons, so I'd be interested in finding out how other websites do it. The gun powder is getting expensive considering we're non-profit.

I've been toying with doing a few comic blogs/columns for my own sanity, if nothing else (once I get an idea in my head, they bounce around like a springy ball trapped in a cube) so I'm certainly interested in having a shot.

PM me if you want to try it out nothing is mandatory so you are welcome to try it out and stop if you desire.

How many words are we talking? A weekly blog is a big commitment.

No set requirements. Obviously minimum would be maybe 2-3 good paragraphs but as long as it's an interesting read it can be 300 words or 300,000.

I'm intrigued by the 'firings', I now have this picture in my head of you yelling "Get out of my office Parker!!" . ;)

I wish, but since it's the internet people just stop responding and there is no reason to scream at someone who doesn't have the ability to tell you, that you don't want to participate anymore.

........considering we're non-profit.

There's a decent joke there about me writing for (insert your favourite/non-favourite religion ) magazines which are non-prophet .....but we mustn't go there :no:

I considered using the wrong spelling there so you'd have something to work with, but thought it would make your job too easy.

This seems pretty cool and (I'll admit) tempting. Might consider it, still not sure though.

Good luck on the search for new bloggers, Dave!

We fire our writers out of cannons, so I'd be interested in finding out how other websites do it. The gun powder is getting expensive considering we're non-profit.

Ever tried trebuchets? Ask Ivan, he should still have all the plans leftover from his poodle launching project.

If you've never seen it MOC, how do you know the stick doesn't come packaged with the rock? Normally, when I find a good rock, there's a stick not too far away. It could be coincidence. It could be that rock, in fact, is the most blinged out toy ever.