UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

FF wave at TRU.com

fwoosheyman

Make fun of us all you want - I still have never seen a Hulkbuster pack in stores, and have only seen Lockjaw once. There are people who are still looking for a Moonstone or Warpath.

You may see it as needless whining, but we have valid reason to complain.

Yeah, you do have a valid point. I think it's kind of funny with the newer TRU waves. I DO think they've pretty well balanced the numbers, but location/distribution is still a significant issue. It's a bit annoying to think that although you've got a TRU nearby, there's still a pretty good chance you're going to have to resort to another source, whether it be TRU.com, a board trade, or ebay. Even if you do ultimately get it for a fairly reasonable price, you still have to work and then pay that extra bit, and, yes, that is sucktastic. On the other hand, this is a pretty nice community here with plenty of folks willing to help without turning a profit. Silver lining.

And I think those of us that throw out some jokes about the difficulty of finding these are razzing ourselves as much as anyone else. At least I am.

Yaknow believe it or not there has only been ONE exclusive pack I have not found. Actually two. But one interesting one. That's Silver Surfer/Swordsman.

The other was World War Hulk/Reed. And as that seems to have sucked donkey stuff I really don't find myself interested.

The wave with Lockjaw, Hulkbuster, and all the rest have yet to hit my local store. The vehicles hit about a week after they were first spotted across the nation. I'd say there's some issues with distribution. My store has had 0 problem carrying any of the non-Marvel stuff, but they tend to skip some of the Marvel waves. I worry about tracking down the F4 sets. :(

The days of the 1-per-case chase pack are hopefully behind us. Assuming that this will be the case, we shouldn't have to worry about overly pricey Minimates:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARVEL-UNIVERSE-MINIMA...=item3cb02cb89b

It does suck that some of us can't find what we want in our local stores, and I know that some only want to buy these if they get them through "the hunt," but personally, I'm very content with paying $4-5 over retail plus shipping for a given TRU pack through eBay. And I think (hope) that this will ultimately be the case for future waves that don't include another variation of modern Deadpool. It is well worth that extra money for me to avoid the hassle and time of driving and looking for these in the store.

Edited by karamazov80

I never saw Lockjaw/Betsy, Hulkbuster/Hulk, or Silver Surfer/Swordsman. The first two i could care less abut, but the Surfer pack looked very nice. Would have gone really well with the new FF (and MU Galactus of course. ;) ).

I hope i'll be able to find them all, though if i can only find the First Family i'll be okay; i like Green-trunk Invaders Namor the best anyway. I just want a full, new, updated Four.