UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Take the Marvel Minimate Quiz!

I posted a Sporcle quiz that I put together earlier today in the general chat forum here earlier tonight, and mentioned that I was planning to make a Minimate Quiz as well. Well, the hell with it, I decided to make the quiz tonight. So here it it: Marvel Minimates (Part 1)!

Yes, only part one. You can only have 200 answers in a Sporcle quiz, so I had to stop after Wave 29. But I'll do another quiz with the rest, and the TRU ones and the box sets and stuff, and perhaps more if you guys like this one enough. Anyway, give it a whirl and let me know what you think, particularly if you notice any errors. It's not easy to type "Spider-Man" 40 times!

(Oh no, did I just give away an answer?) :blush:

EDIT: Here's the link for part 2

Edited by hellpop

I just got it with about a minute left. I got hung up when Spider-Man 2099 didn't get files under Spider-Man, and on how you spelled SHIELD Agent. Evidently it doesn't accept all capital letters as an example, so I tried combinations of Ultimate, SHIELD, S.H.I.E.L.D, Agent and even Soldier and got nothing. Finally I typed "Shield" and it went in. That was annoying.

I just got it with about a minute left. I got hung up when Spider-Man 2099 didn't get files under Spider-Man, and on how you spelled SHIELD Agent. Evidently it doesn't accept all capital letters as an example, so I tried combinations of Ultimate, SHIELD, S.H.I.E.L.D, Agent and even Soldier and got nothing. Finally I typed "Shield" and it went in. That was annoying.

Sorry about that... I updated the quiz answer for the Shield agent, so it should accept both S.H.I.E.L.D and shield.

Damn! I wasn't quick enough!

I got caught out on Jim Rhodes. I entered James Rhodes, Rhodie . . . couldn't figure it out. LOL.

Good fun though. Thanks for the link buddy.

Whoops, I didn't even think of those variations... I'll add them as possible answers.

Ahhh - it's all good.

I think it would be even more challanging if you ONLY accepted the names as they were printed on the toy-packaging. You'd have to really REALLY know your minimates to ace that one.

(You'd probabaly also need a bit longer. LOL)

131 out of 196. I did okay. Worked hard on the newer waves, borgot the older ones. oo bad you can't do them all at once.

Some spelling issues. Sabertooth, Kitty Pryde, and this isn;t really spelling, but I think JJJ should be acceptable. Just me though.

Really REALLY fun! I'll play again once i forget a lot of the answers.

Some spelling issues. Sabertooth, Kitty Pryde

I think it actually is Sabretooth (as it appears in the quiz)

Edit: I think it's only spelled Saber, when you are talking about the pre-historic cats and using the hyphenated form: Saber-Tooth Cat or Saber-Tooth tiger.

Edited by Nessex

Fixed Kitty Pryde. Sorry about that. And Nessex is right, it is Sabretooth. I allowed for a lot of variations in answers, but not misspellings! :lol:

Started work on part 2 last night and should have it done in a day or two....

Edit: I think it's only spelled Saber, when you are talking about the pre-historic cats and using the hyphenated form: Saber-Tooth Cat or Saber-Tooth tiger.

Ooooooh. That's why I was confused.

Okay, Part 2 is ready and available to play. Looks like there's going to have to be a part 3 for all the box sets. There's too many !@#$ Marvel Minimates!

This one was a little trickier to construct, so if anyone has any problems, or can think of ways to improve it, let me know (I'm afraid I can't explain why the layout ended up so funky...). Also, I added a few extra minute to part 1, so if anyone wants to try again, you've got a bit more time.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Hellpop/marvel_minimates_2

Part 2 was harder for me. I didn't get about 6 of the older exclusives. I also got caught on Hellfire Guard because I didn't remember "Club". James Rhodes confused me as well, because I had War Machine, and I guess James Rhodes in Iron Man Mk 2 showed up for Iron Man, so I didn't know what I was missing for him as himself. Still very fun!

I enjoyed the quiz but got absolutely flummoxed with Silver Sable. I was methodically going through them & had a brain fart with Silver Sabre ...I must have typed that a half dozen times before I realised what was going on :blush: The spellings were a little shakey & just to clear up Sabretooth ...that's how it is in the Marvel comics despite the fact that the US spelling is SABERTOOTH for a fang shaped like SABER.

Once we got into the exclusives and box sets, things got harder, since all you'd have to go by was "Previews Exclusive" or "AFX Exclusive" which doesn't help narrow things down. I know you couldn't name the box sets without giving them away, but at least saying which year might help figure out which ones you're missing.

Wha!? Why you... :angry:

Just kidding. That's sure as "official" as my two. And it saves me the work, soo.... :banana:

I'm actually excited to get a chance to take one of these.

EDIT: 137/142; missed one of the old TRU exclusives and 4 of the upcoming exclusive sets. You know, you already have to edit this and add the New Mutants.... ;)

Edited by hellpop

Damn - only got 130 on that last one. For some reason i got stumped on a bunch of XMEN?!?!?!?!

The GSXM box set completely lost me :( i'm so ashamed.

I was also trying to spell Fantomex as Phantomex. LOL And totally forgot about the Infinity Gauntlet set.

Still good fun though. Many thanks, buddy.

Wha!? Why you... :angry:

Just kidding. That's sure as "official" as my two. And it saves me the work, soo.... :banana:

I'm actually excited to get a chance to take one of these.

EDIT: 137/142; missed one of the old TRU exclusives and 4 of the upcoming exclusive sets. You know, you already have to edit this and add the New Mutants.... ;)

Glad you approve! I had a blast doing yours! The movie 'mates were the hard ones for me to guess, because I don't own any :P.

I thought I added the New Mutants?

I'm happy to hear people are having fun with these quizzes!