UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Avengers Animated Series

minimadman

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watched the final few episodes last night... certainly good fun.

lots of references to stuff n' such. The whole finale did feel a little ... well, my spoiler tags aren't working, so... y'know.

ya the two parter, i loved ever second of it, maybe it was a bit over the top but i think it worked since they wanted to end the season in a bang, and the hint at next season wasnt surprising but was still very cool :D (i mean there were hints throughout the season)

• 2 months later...

Cannot heap enough praise on this series. Simply can not do it. In this streaming age of Netflix, I am so seriously considering buying the DVD's of these shows just so I always have a copy on hand. Darn shame now toys are planned for these designs.

typo... As far as I know, and I've been watching like a hawk for any news, NO toys are planned.

Which makes a lack of Zemo, Kang, Wrecking Crew, Enchantress, Executioner, and other prominently featured villains in minimate form all the more frustrating. And apparently more monkeys. "Tis surprising how many monkeys we face in battle."

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. Just wow. I'm like 4 episodes from the end. Truly an amazing show. I think my favorite was the winter episode just after all the Kang business. It was good clean fun. I love the Asgardians.

Also, what's with Wasp pulling the 50' woman stunt in Johnny 5? I thought her flying/shooting/shrinking thing was her mutant powers.

I'm re-watching the series and getting ready to watch The Black Panther mini right before the series starts on Netflix. I watched it up to the Kang episodes before and thought it was a well thought out series and stayed true to the comics. Quick question because you keep saying it, is Wasp a mutant? Has her powers been explained on the show? I always thought it was something that Hank created when I read the comics as a kid. Especially since he has similar powers to her.

• 2 weeks later...

The theory at the moment is that she is a mutant, and Hank built his technology around her powers.

"What are you?" "It's complicated" and "I made all this possible" are part of the clues.

In the Ultimates she was a Mutant, and as far as I know, her powers were never explained in 616. It's not a bad idea, but it's also the best one in circulation at the moment.

Just got the DVD of the first 7 episodes. The intresting thing is the sneak peek at season 2. Alot of the core Avengers are getting costume makeovers. A few new heroes appear as well :)

Thor gets all armoured Wave 33 style, Cap Looks like the Ultimate version, Fury to look like Movie version, New armour for Iron Man. Hulk gets none tear shorts.

Vision and Ms Marvel (classic costume) join.

The theory at the moment is that she is a mutant, and Hank built his technology around her powers.

"What are you?" "It's complicated" and "I made all this possible" are part of the clues.

In the Ultimates she was a Mutant, and as far as I know, her powers were never explained in 616. It's not a bad idea, but it's also the best one in circulation at the moment.

In the 616 universe, her powers were given to her by the same technology that gave Hank his(i.e. Pym Particles.) To quote the marvel wiki

"Janet underwent a biochemical process involving [Hank's] Pym Particles that allowed her to shrink to insectoid proportions and to grow wings. Furthermore, Pym outfitted her with wrist devices which allowed her to discharge blasts she called her "wasp's stings"."

So, no, not a mutant in the 616 universe. And given that character personality/backstory-wise, the characters in the cartoon seem to follow their 616 counterparts, I'm not counting on her being a mutant. I could be wrong, but that's my opinion on it.

as for the quoted lines:

"It's complicated" I can't really see "I'm a mutant" as being too complicated in the marvel universe, especially given that cap has actually worked with mutants in the past

"I made all this possible" Janet's rich. She could mean that she funded Hank's research.

I don't have definitive answers or anything, but I think these are just as plausible as the others.

If I have one complaint about the show, it is that Wanda and Pietro can not be on the team due to the deal with Fox. It's not that Fox has ever not shared characters with Marvel on the TV side as Sony does, they do. But Magneto's children were sold as part of the X-Men rights package and despite they're not really appearing in any X-Movie, they were/are considered off the table for the Avengers movie, and thus no cartoon appearances either. So no Wanda and Vision, no Cap's Kooky Quartet, no Quicksilver being a pompous, impatient jerk to his teammates. And don't even think about Beast joining later on.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great show. But as an Avengers nut, their absence is noticed.

Well, it's still early. They have referenced Mutants, and they obviously have a plan. The next big arc is going to be

Skrulls

and there are other changes coming. 52 episodes are confirmed, making this the 4th longest running Marvel show ever. Give it 3rd season and it could easily take #1, especially with the movie next year. I believe this show is playing its cards very close to its chest, so I wouldn't rule out QS and Wanda just yet. Especially Wanda. I could see a House of M arc. (that's the one where she wen't nuts, right?)

I love that Ms Marvel is going to show up. I always loved her costume.

Oh, and I'll just leave this here. :P

wasp_hot_by_anichysaur64-d3fcxt3.jpg

Well this is one of those "as conceived" things, but originally this show and Wolverine and the X-men were supposed to be in the same universe. Then mouse pressure canceled that show. (if Teen Tony's 2nd season had not been far into production, it would have gone away too.) If the Mouse decides to revive that show on XD down the road, then we might see SW and QS as supporting characters. But that's why the M.R.D. reference in the first ep, and the picture of the W&XM Mansion on the paper's front page.

Now how one fits in with the other time line wise... My guess is Avengers was supposed to either take place just prior to the Phoenix event, or during the "missing year" before the band gets back together. But unless W&XM come back on DXD, this is just the stuff of fan fiction.

The main sticking point keeping Wanda and Pietro out of Avengers' media, especially the movies, is their parentage. At this point, you can't have them appear for very long without at least mentioning their father. And while Fox has been willing to allow it on TV, see SHS show, they are not yet willing to relinquish control of Magnus in any way on the big screen.

If I have one complaint about the show, it is that Wanda and Pietro can not be on the team due to the deal with Fox.

Fox only has the film rights to the X-Men/mutant characters. Marvel can do anything they want with their animation division. The only company that threw a wrench in Marvel's animation stuff was Sony since they used to have the TV rights to Spider-Man. (Which is why he never showed up in the Super Hero Squad cartoon) But now that they've relinquished those rights, Marvel is free to do anything animation-wise now.

Also, Wanda and Pietro might show up in season two since they were hinted at in an interview on one of the EMH DVDs.