UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Looks like there's an X3 wave after all...

Lobsterman

Yeah Famke and Halle in the same wave - I'm quivering with anticipation :)

I love this announcement, I think it's fantastic. I am so buzzing right now and the teaser pic makes them look so good, even just from the back.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my opinion...they look great. (the back of em anyways). The only thing i noticed was beasts hands are different. I look forward to adding these to my collection. 12 13 and 14...things are looking good for the minimate fan again. Now just get SF2 and DC on the shelves and i won't bitch ...for at least a week!

moc847

(Donny B @ Oct 2 2006, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's interesting that Juggernaut is the only one with the new body type... everyone else (who's legs are visible, at least) has the old style.

Good catch, I wonder if it'll make it to the production release. We have yet to see a non-promo use the new leg/knee joints.

It'll be interesting how many of these new sculpted/specialty peices make to into the production wave.

This is great news! Man, when it rains; it pours! Will other characters be added to this line-up like Magneto and Angel? It would be weird to have these be the only X3 characters that we get.

Nice to see newly sculpted pieces as well! Can't wait to see the faces and the variant Jean Grey!

Well, They finally did it. They made an entire wave of Minimates that I won't buy. X3 is the worst comic book movie made to date. Not only did it itslef suck, it also ruined X-Men, X2, and the possible future of any X-Men films without a Batman Begins type restart. I hope that wave 15 is better, Im hoping for Iron Spider.

:jawdrop: yessssssssssssssssssssss!!!! :D i knew diamond select would'nt let me down! i dont care if there charater repeats they're freaking X3 mates!!!! :D

I'm not sure what I think of this news. On the one hand, they look great so far. It looks like new parts, heck its something new in general. Also, it looks like the most villains we've gotten at one time since what, Wave 3? It actually looks like they've been doing some work during this year long hiatus.

On the other hand, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the X3 mates supposed to be a separate entity to the regular Marvel stuff? Instead, we're getting another wave of X-Men instead of something new, something current. Which one of these characters is going to get the variant treatment for Wave 14, assuming the trend remains with a variant figure? Judging by Matt's little smart remark, I'd say we get a human Colossus, but considering how Halle Berry screwed up X3 by offing two prominent characters so she could get some spotlight, we'll likely get variant Storm.

I'm excited that we're getting new mates, and excited that we finally get X3, but the cynic in me, born from a year's worth of nothing, tells me that this is a hasty wave made from something they've had on the drawing board for a while.

Anyone think that wave 15 will be Ghost Rider the movie?

Probably right, which makes me sad as that means both those waves will be bought by me just because their minimates, not because the subjects interest me in the slighest -_-

It seems to me that they may have a limited budget and had to opt for reuse wave to counter all new molding waves. Either that or the even more painful movie licensing funding is being used to help bolster the line, which means non-movie waves will continue to get the short end of the stick...

I seem to remember a time when DST said: "We Can't Do Movie Mates".

And, Wave 15 = Ghost Rider Movie is very logical, so what the hell hapened to "We can't do Movie Mates" I hate the whole idea of Movie Mates.

Comics > Movies based on comics. Always.

I don't like this at all. Like Cyc said, if non-movie Mates start getting the short end of the proverbial stick, that WILL be it for this line. Not just Marvel, but the entire line. I havn't quite worked it out yet, but that's how it'll go down.

Honestly, the only X3 Minis I'm looking foward too are Juggernaut and Wolverine, and I'm still not all that excited. I doubt half the peices on the protos will actualy make it to production.

As the LOTR line proved, doing Minimates based on Movies is not a good thing UNLESS your timing is correct. And still, eventually interest will fade. If you relese your product a year after the movie that your product is based on, it's probably not going to do too well.

Bottom Line: I don't see Marvel Waves 12-14 selling good at all. Waves 12 and 13 because of all the delays, and 14 becauseby the time they hit the shelves, the interest in the Movie(Which, I, and alot of other people, thought was crap, BTW) will be kaput, 0, nada. Get my point?

I haven't read through the entire thread, so this may have been brushed upon......but how could Marvel Minimates be back if we haven't seen Waves 12 and 13 yet??

THe backs look Really cool though, definately can't wait for that Juggernaut!

and why Storm but no Magneto?

Well, it's already been confirmed that the US will get a 2-disc version of X3 sometime in the future (other regions are already getting it this month, while we get the single disc), so they still have a chance to get these out at the same time as a DVD of the movie.

I found X3 to be the weakest of the films by far, but I'm still interested in these. I would hope they could continue with the movie-style characters, though, as there are plenty of X-folks left.

Would I be right in guessing that the Phoenix variant will be Jean with black eyes and veiny skin?

drgnrbrn316, the variant is Phoenix. Says so on the announcement.

Oops, my bad.

I wonder if the red coat is Jean or Phoenix then. I don't remember a great deal about her character in the movie, but she didn't make a whole lot of changes to her appearance, did she?

Yeeeah, not real excited by these. Don't get me wrong, they look great and all(from the back) but I was really hoping for more "comic" minis (preferably non-X men...unless it was a classic beast, angel, etc.). This is great news for everyone that had been wishing for these, but I too fear that this is simply pushing-back the time tables for other Marvel characters and other lines for that matter. This really should have been a separate release and done much earlier imo.

Well they look pretty good. Not bad at all but like its been said before, with movie mates wont do that well unless they were released with the movie. Now the series before these should in my opinion do OK, but they should really step it up variety wise. I mean come on where's Thor, Warmachine, different version of Iron Man, Havok, Angel, Beast(non cat like) Namor. What happened to them. :angry:

Yeah, and when they finally do release that "classic" Beast or Angel figure, you'll all be bitching about those too...

Hmmm on one hand yay new minimates. On the other, why after the DVD release and where are the other major characters? Colossus was hardly a large part in the film compared to Magneto or Xavier.

You wait years for a Beat then two turn up together.. spooky.

Perhaps a future wave will be 101 Thors. After all we now have Faux-Thor in Civil War..

Dont get me wrong Im thrilled about these, I just wish they werent part of the regular waves, as they dont really thematically fit with the rest.