UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Possibiity of more Marvel Legos?

Random blocky toy thoughts...

I have noticed a that Lego and Disney have been joining up for Lego sets (Prince of Persia, Toy Story, Cars) and wondered that since Disney now owns Marvel, then maybe Lego can produce Marvel theme sets. Lego has already made Spider-Man sets adapted from the movies. There has got to be a demand. The Lego Batman sets have certainly increased in value. Since Lego likes to include vehicles in sets, there are plenty of Marvel vehicles to make (think Avengers Quinjet, F4 Pogo Plane, etc.). Imagine sets like Stark Enterprises, the Baxter Building, the Danger Room, The Daily Bugle, etc. I would certainly buy them!

Not sure how this would work with Hasbro's Super Hero Squad and the Minimate licenses.

Edited by MarvelZombie

Does Mega Blocks have Marvel overall or just the marvel movies? If They just have the movies, Disney can still bring out Marvel Comics Legos. Personally I'd love some Hulk Legos. With their inherent destructibility, Legos are the perfect medium for the Hulk.

Does Mega Blocks have Marvel overall or just the marvel movies?

Mega Bloks have marvel overall.I remember getting a set with spider-man and rhino and a car.

Heres a pic:http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.toyglobe.com/pimages/spiderman/sbmegabloks_02.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.toyglobe.com/SpidermanMegaBloks.php&usg=__iaoXsmYQDXWOx5mvZbFmsmA6hUI=&h=120&w=72&sz=4&hl=en&start=7&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=y-ewpcjbg3Ax6M:&tbnh=88&tbnw=53&prev=/images%3Fq%3Drhino%2Bmegabloks%2Bspider-man%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1C1SKPC_enCA347%26tbs%3Disch:1

I forgot about those Megablock. I figured there is some licensing thing keeping Lego out right now.

I agree with a Hulk set. Imagine a gamma base with Bruce Banner, Hulk, General Ross, army soldiers and a big tank or military vehicle to trash!

Other ideas I had: Dr. Doom's castle, X-Men Blackbird, Fantasticar, Dr. Strange's house, etc, all with minifigs. Marvel fans would line up to buy them!

The Lego Batman sets have certainly increased in value.

Understatement of the year. Only two years ago I found the Batcave on clearance for 50$ now it's in the 400$+ range.

And that's why everybody should buy the C3 Batcave =D

*crickets

• 4 months later...
The Lego Batman sets have certainly increased in value.

Understatement of the year. Only two years ago I found the Batcave on clearance for 50$ now it's in the 400$+ range.

And that's why everybody should buy the C3 Batcave =D

*crickets

Except the LEGO Batcave doesn't fall over or make you write to the manufacturer for a "patch" bag of extra parts to prop it up!

The first reviews that came out about putting the C3 Batcave together put alot of people off that one, due to the sheer frustration of assembly everyone was reporting.

Before I started collecting Minimates, I considered getting my nephew the C3 Batcave for Christmas. I remember the reviews I found online being almost exclusively negative, and chalked it up to C3 being a cheap LEGO knock-off. . .which I suppose the blocks actually are.