UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 news thread

The youtube stuff was excellent & I thoroughly enjoyed it although sometimes you had to guess the question after hearing the answers from Chuck.

I think the links may also help some members understand what it's like to get promos at a Con.......if you're still unsure get some bread & throw it out for the ducks in your local pond* .

Chuck seemed relaxed & very confident of the future of Minimates which, for me, was the most important thing to shine through the entire discussion.

*Check with the Pond Warden first & NEVER use a mobile phone when throwing bread.......or Battle Beasts.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished watching all six parts of the panel and it was more interesting than I was led to believe. Thanks for the link. This is the stuff that caught my attention.

Part 1

- Looks like I need to work on my branding a bit. "Yeah, Minimate Database, is that the name of it?" Thanks to the audience member for the assist. :)

- Loved Chuck's answer to the Jubilee question. "We've done a lot of 90s X-Men recently... and there are a few characters we haven't done... and it would be kind of smart of us to do them at some point.

Part 2

- Didn't hear anything about pitching Ferris Bueller until now. I wonder if he's trying to drum up interest.

- "You'll never see a certain actor who believes in a certain religion who does some kinda big movies and people used to like." I first thought he was referring to Mel Gibson, but Mel wasn't in Top Gun. I guess we'll never see the Rain Man two-pack. It's not really a likeness problem, it's just a non-starter as far as the studio is concerned. Too antsy.

Part 3

- They've renewed the Marvel license 5 or 6 times with changes each time.

- Chuck's wife doesn't care about "Lego Men."

- They've looked at Amityville and Carrie.

- "We got told at one point, don't mess with Winona Rider."

Part 4

- Heat/rub transfer tech maybe patented, but they're looking into.

- Can't afford to do Goonies Minimates by themselves. Would have to be part of library.

- Brief mention of Dr. Who around 5:00 when talking about international licensing.

Part 5

- Chuck is a benevolent dictator.

- Ooh, a second mention of MMDB. Yes I do list accessories. :nod:

Part 6

- No real plans for a gaming element with Minimates though some companies have asked.

Proud to be a loyal servant to the benevolent dictator Chuck. All glory to Chuck. (and the Hypnotoad)

You're welcome for the shout out! Your site is great and I visit it often. I always know when new stuff has hit for sure by seeing if you've added them to your list. I was also the one that pondered the reality of "Top Gun" minimates.