UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

E-tailer wants 4-pack input

sha_ckwave

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm somewhat surprised as to how close we have come to wave 36 without finding out what 37+ will be. Doesn't Art Asylum usually forecast mates a little more in advance?

Are there any Conventions coming up? Maybe they're holding off on the reveal so they can show them off at an upcoming convention?

We should be finding out about convention exclusives any day now. And Wave 2 of the TRU Iron Man 2 Minimates should happen soon - probably after the movie comes out, though.

How long after the film comes out do they usually wait? Cause it's been out for 2 days here . . .

How long after the film comes out do they usually wait? Cause it's been out for 2 days here . . .

Dunno. As far as I can tell, wave 2 of the Wolverine:Origins Minimates was first shown August 6th last year, which was about 3 months after the movie opened. I'm hoping that a second wave of IM2 Minimates would be more timely than that.

They do have to wait long enough so that the Minimates don't spoil anything for people who haven't see the movie (like us here in the US).

Well, you gotta figure that they might need to premiere the movie somewhere in the Pacific nations first, given the massive time difference between them and the States. It's not uncommon for there to be a big movie premiere in Japan, plus Iron Man 2 just opened here yesterday (Friday).

As the Red Hot Chili Peppers would say, "[California's] the edge of the world and all of Western civilization..."

The real question is... is there enough left from IRON MAN 2 to do an additional wave? Seems like they've pretty much tapped the core characters (IM, War Machine, Black Widow, Fury, Whiplash, Pepper and Happy). Personally, I have a hard time envisioning enough "hidden" characters/incarnations to merit another wave of Minimates...

Me? I'd rather see a Classic Foes line that used comic incarnations of Whiplash, Madame Masque, Blizzard, MODOK and the obligatory armor variant (Hulkbuster? Pepper Potts as Rescue? The newly released Heroic Age armor?)

Edited by Binaryan

There's plenty they can do. They can also retouch characters from the first movie if need be.

I just realized... why is this being discussed here? I thought I was in the IM2 thread until I clicked on the IM2 thread. Really threw me off.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Sorry for continuing the OT-ness, but...

I can think of at least one two-pack of mates they haven't done yet... a clean Mark VI and a

Final Battle Whiplash

. Then for civilians they can do a military uniform James Rhodes, or a

toxic-reactor pattern Tony Stark

. And hey, a Whiplash in orange instead of brown, although that's almost one Whiplash too many. Give him his pineapple hairdo!

Wouldn't mind a mid-suiting-up Mark V either, to be honest, with the open/mid-transform suitcase.

What I'm really interested in hearing about, though, is their plans for SDCC.

Edited by lastmaximal

I just thought of some sick pack from a Marvel property that hasn't been touched yet: Earth X!! You might be able to get at least two sets from the characters involved

Captain America

440px-CapAmericaEarth9997.jpg

Machine Man

Reed Richards

EarthX_pg.jpg

Namor

600px-Namor_McKenzie_(Earth-9997).jpg

The Skull

skullearthx1.jpg

The Iron Avengers

800px-Iron_Avengers_(Earth-9997).jpg

Edited by mrjasontodd