UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

So...I assume the cylon mates will be blind boxed?

I just read there will be five modern variants and four classic variants, and they're going to be individually packed. MSRP $5...for one. Is it pretty safe to assume that AA will complete the Unholy Trinity of Small Toymaker Desparation: 1. spike in prices 2. variants 3. blind packing (See also: Palisades, Army of Darkness wave 2).

Here's a scary thought: what if they're testing the blind pack idea on BSG for feasibility with the DC mates, a la pretty much every other block figure out there?

Just some paranoid speculation to brighten your Friday... ;)

Yeah, I hope not, too. But, we already know about battle damaged variants for Supes and Bats. (Sniff sniff) Do I smell a "heat vision" variant, an Earth 2 variant and the super-special chase Kingdom Come variant?

As distasteful as the idea is to us, it would make total sense to boost sales on these with a minimum of one variant/chase they could inexpensively tampo for every character they've shown...

Yeah, I hope not, too. But, we already know about battle damaged variants for Supes and Bats. (Sniff sniff) Do I smell a "heat vision" variant, an Earth 2 variant and the super-special chase Kingdom Come variant?

As distasteful as the idea is to us, it would make total sense to boost sales on these with a minimum of one variant/chase they could inexpensively tampo for every character they've shown...

Those variants are almost certainly going to happen, probably sooner than later. At least with blind boxing, you get through them quicker.

OFF TOPIC:

Hey Lobsterman! Welcome to the board. I didn't see that you introduced yourself over in the appropriate forum, so I'm gonna ask this here:

Are you, by chance, in any way associated with a member long missing who went by the handle Crayfish?