UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Extremis Ironman

ThePastx7

I was walking along in my toys r us when I spotted the new line of minimates. They were ones I had been waiting for. But then as i looked at them i noticed something unusual...The extremis ironman has gold where plain yellow should be. This makes him look more like the movie ironman than the comic book extremis. I was wondering if this will stay the same for the wave release of him. All the pics of the ironman show him with yellow. Why do you think they changed it to gold?

Firstly congrats on finding this line in TRU! ;)

I think that DST is making all IM gold from now on as that is the color of the armor itself, red and gold. Early IM were done in yellow because that's how comics drew them and I suspect that at the time gold paint didn't fit with the rest of the line/was too expensive.

I was initially bummed at the switch because it made displaying old and new together ugly but now think it's the right way to go, I just don't display the yellow ones in the same place as the gold ones.

T.

Figures released both at TRU and through normal (read: comic book store) channels frequently differ from one another. Though that would be a pretty significant difference that I would not expect, I would not be overly surprised if the regular wave release of this figure had a slightly different paint job of some kind.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm a little bummed about the whole gold thing too, but I think just as long as they continue to produce different armors for Iron Man or his villains, then i can take it. When did they start to use gold? The last armor to be yellow was the one from the Civil War set, right?