UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

PSP Owners - Discuss

neolego

Alright, I thought I may start an open discussion to any PSP users here on the board and with it maybe make a better decision! Of course you don't have to own a PSP to give your two cents!

So, I'll start by saying my grown up color is White. It's a weird thing with me, but My iPhone, Netbook, Xbox, Wii, DSi are all White. So, I have been waiting for a White PSP to buy. Then, they released the Go in white. And, while I'm sold on the digital distribution, I'm still not sold on the value vs cost of that little thing. It's dang sexy, I will give it that, but it's also dang expensive! However, just recently they have released a PSP 3000 pack with Assasin's Creed and a White PSP 3000. So, now I'm really torn. The good news for me is that I am getting it for Christmas, so the price isn't as big a deal but I'm still not sure which to get. So, do we have any users here that would like to sway my opinion?

neo

I've recently bought a 3000 (in black) and I'm new to this system too, so I can't really tell you which has better features.

From my perspective, I went with the 3000 because it plays discs as well as downloaded games. I prefer having a hard copy of my games in the unlikely event that something goes wrong, I'll still have that disc. You're supposed to be able to download onto the same system an unlimited number of times (I think) so it may not be an issue, but its just an insurance policy for me. On top of that, all the games you download are going to take up space, which means you'll need more memory. If you're playing on the 3000, you can just swap discs out and play something else. If you're playing on the Go, and you want to switch to a different game, then that other game is still taking up a deal of space in your system.

On the other hand, with the Go, you lose the disc loading noises, which can be noticeable. Add that to whatever new features are on the Go.

I have one of those first ones released, and I love it!! It is modded, so it plays classic games and youtube.I used to take it everywhere But over the years, it got beat up and now it is mostly used for online or art references at home. In fact, Im using it to write this!

I've actually heard the opposite. I have two friends that love it. Now that I'm playing through Assassin's Creed on the 360 I'm into the world. I downloaded the iPhone version which I kinda cool and I want to play the PSP version. At the end of the day, if it's true to the series and furthers the story I don't mind lower res graphics and not as crisp gameplay..........I do own a Wii ok ;). neo

LBP was fun. I still need to ace a few levels, but otherwise, I've finished the story mode.

The biggest downside to the smaller format is that multiplayer is gone. However, you can still create levels and publish them online for others to play, or just play other people's levels, so the overall experience is similar, just a tad lonelier.

• 1 month later...

Ok, Sorry to bring up an old topic but I did get a PSPGo for Christmas and was wondering what games I should get. Since it appears that we have a few PSP owers on the board I thought you guys could give me some advice. Right now they only games that I am !00% getting are Little Big Planet and Assassin's Creed: Bloodline. I'm also thinking about getting PixelJunk Monsters pretty heavily. What others would you guys recommend? And remember, I'm talking about PSN games, the GO doesn't play UMDs.

neo

LBP is fun, so going that route wouldn't be a bad investment.

Beyond that, I've really only messed with the dated Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, which is alright, but I haven't really dove into it much. There's a demo available for the upcoming MGS Peace Walker, which might also be good. If you like God of War, then Chains of Olympus would be a good one too.

You can also download and play any of the PS1 games that they have available on the PSN store. I have the original Silent Hill saved on mine.