UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

F4 movies

Lurch77

I actually liked it. Mainly because it didn't try to be a hip, artsy film, like Batman Begins. It was exactly what it was supposed to be - a comic book movie. I walked in, sat down and believed that Reed could stretch, Johnny could flame on and Jessica Alba was running around NY naked. :D Invisible, but naked. (I'm still looking for those photos btw - if anyone can point them out.....)

The toys were decent also - MUCH better than the Begins toys Mattel put out. (I'm comparing FF and BB simply because they were both comic movies that came out that summer. Sin City, while it came out the same year, wasn't a 'summer blockbuster' type of flick, so I don't put it into the same category. Also, they ended with similar box office #'s world wide and again, Sin City wouldn't be in the same class $$-wise.)

I'm looking forward to the 2nd one. I can't wait to see the Silver Surfer (and Galactus!) on screen!

I liked the first one, but it still disappointed. An hour and a half of character developement to lead into a five minute battle. Where they fought Doom was fantastic :rolleyes: , but it needed that feeling of coolness all of the way through. Any sequel that can pick up and go right into action without having to tell everyone what's going on should be better. And how can you go wrong with rumors of Galactus?

The first film was alright (loved how we saw the characters use their powers in day to day life), but generally it wasn't as good as it could be. I'm hoping the new one will be far better.

Man-Thing was pretty much a B-Movie that wound up not even going into theatres. It ran on Sci-Fi Network, then went to DVD. I honestly haven't seen it, though.

I have. That was terrible. Morbid curiosity.

man thing????????????????? am i missing something dont remember that one at all????

Excuse me... "Brett Leonard's Man Thing"

I saw the trailer before A Night at the Museum and it looks amazing, especially the Silver Surfer.

Same. It was cool how they just showed you the opening scene, not multiple scenes from different points in the movie.

BTW, Night at the Museum was freakin' hilarious :lol: .

Glomit