UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Toys R Us Sucks thread

The only good that has come out of TRU is Ghostbusters, BSG and T2, because there weren't any shortpacked sets.

I count that as a lot of good. Add in the fact that TRU supports minimates vehicles. The only negative is that Marvel exclusives are difficult (not impossible) to find. I've managed to find all of the TRU exclusives and even pick up some extras for friends in need. I think the TRU deal is pretty brilliant.

I might soon be singing a different tune though. Yesterday I was at TRU and there was only designated shelf space for BSG 'mates and Marvel Movie (Wolverine) 'mates. I found some GB 'mates randomly on a shelf, but, other than the Wolverine 'mates, I didn't see any Marvel. Hopefully they are just in the middle of a reset, but it disturbs me that space was not designated with the other Marvel items and that BSG did have new space designated. Eep.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 3 TRUs near me that I have frequented for the past couple of years. I used to collect Mighty Muggs and Marvel Universe figures. I have to say, with most items, Target would get it first and more of it, but never put it out. With TRU, they get little of it, and either leave it all out at once, or they hide it in the back until a sale. The only Muggs I never had a hard time finding were the TRU Exclusives. Which pisses me off. It does so, because even while I wasn't collecting 'Mates, I still wanted the Stay Puft Marshmellowman mate. Every time I went to TRU, I'd look to see if they had him. I go every Tuesday and Thursday, and used to go every Fri, Sat, and Sunday. I'm pissed off because why did they make so many of the Exclusive Mighty Muggs to the point where I still see a stack of Punisher when I go to any TRU. Now, when they have these 'Mates that actually sell very well, they limit them and it is extremely hard to find any. I find it absurd that I have not encountered a Stay Puft Marshmellowman 'mate. I have seen every other one, except him. Also, I have never seen any of the box sets at my TRUs. It just annoys me at how TRU operates. With anything I have collected, they get it a lot later and refuse to put it out. Even with their WWE products. I was lucky enough to make friends with one of the guys who used to unload the boxes of WWE products for one of the ones by me. He would always tell me and my co-workers when they had them in and when they would put them out on the shelves. There's so much more I want to say, urghhh TRU pisses me off so much. Not to mention the fact that they owe me over $16 in a return they never credited back to my card bc they're Express stores don't know how to do returns, and they're customer service is Poop!!! They gave me fake numbers numerous times and only called me back once, only to give me a fake number again!