UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Previews 2-pack

Has arrived!

Most curiously, GitD Slimer does not come with the stick-stand as depicted on the box. Instead, he comes with... wait for it... the ghost trap! The little box itself clips to Ray's belt and Slimer uses the sprung-trap-energy-burst as a stand. Very cool indeed, a lot stuff (the package is even thicker than normal for a 2-pack; thanks DST!

And man, does Slimer glow like a son-of-a-smurf!

Edited by Cappy

Has arrived!

Most curiously, GitD Slimer does not come with the stick-stand as depicted on the box. Instead, he comes with... wait for it... the ghost trap! The little box itself clips to Ray's belt and Slimer uses the sprung-trap-energy-burst as a stand. Very cool indeed, a lot stuff (the package is even thicker than normal for a 2-pack; thanks DST!

No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's mega-fantastic!!!!! :woot: I thought they axed it when it didn't get released normally TWICE, but this does make more sense; make it exclusive so you can produce slightly less numbers AND keep costs down. Very smart, DST!!

Pictures?? I LOVED that thing.

Has arrived!

No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's mega-fantastic!!!!! :woot: I thought they axed it when it didn't get released normally TWICE, but this does make more sense; make it exclusive so you can produce slightly less numbers AND keep costs down. Very smart, DST!!

Pictures?? I LOVED that thing.

Yessss I was so happy when I found that it had the trap thing, it's the only reason why I would buy this pack. If someone doesn't post pics by 10pm Pacific then I will. (I'm at the library)

Sounds great! Pics, pics, pics! :D

I was JUST coming by to share!

Here's what it looks like when you take your LED flashlight to the bottom:

GiDSlimer.jpg

In seconds, you get this:

GiDSlimer2.jpg

But my FAVORITE is when you use the clear Slimer 'mate:

LitSlimer.jpg

Now I need to find a way to light this thing up permanatly for display.

Edited by Cowblaster

Great pics, Cowblaster. I picked this one up today, and at the comic shop was wondering why the box was so big. Very cool stuff, though we don't have a wire to go under it (though there is a slot for one) or a pedal for the Minimate Ghostbusters to stomp on to open the trap. I recall that this was shown in the control art pics.

Of course, Slimer's not the only ghost that can get caught.

post-1827-1258605412_thumb.jpg

Great pics, Cowblaster. I picked this one up today, and at the comic shop was wondering why the box was so big. Very cool stuff, though we don't have a wire to go under it (though there is a slot for one) or a pedal for the Minimate Ghostbusters to stomp on to open the trap. I recall that this was shown in the control art pics.

Isn't the pedal you mention the device on Ray's belt?

Isn't the pedal you mention the device on Ray's belt?

Yeah, but it's too short for anyone to be standing on it near this huge plume of trap vortex.

If I'm bold enough, I may get the courage to cut the wire off and replace it with a much longer chord for display. But, minimate Ghostbuster traps ARE hard to come by. . . .

Yeah, it's starting to come back to me now -- there's the trap, which sits under the generated flux field whatever that snags the ghost. But it is triggered by a foot pedal some distance away, connected by a pedal. Now I get what you're saying, k80: the trap Ray carries is in "storage mode."

• 2 weeks later...

Man, am I behind the times; my LCS just got mine in. I was actually kinda waffly about keeping the pack, but then I saw the edges of the trap effect and tore in.

I may have to instigate cowblaster's plan and do a little trap hacking so I can have a deployed one for use with the effect. That kind of mod seems like it'd be within my limited skills.