UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Target Minimates

Secaucuscollector

The Target Exclusives that were released in 2006 are not only impossible to find, small variations make them ultra desirable. Blue Prof X, Marvel Knights Daredevil and Ghost Rider are the only target exclusives that appear in the minimate checklist. While Angry Spiderwoman and Blue Tinted Iceman have miniscule variations that make them part of the "Marvel Minimates Collection". I'm just mad that these figures are rarer than rare and show up once in a blue moon. The Blue Professor X is almost as rare as the Gold Spidey for goodness sakes. Forgive me for my rant but I'm just so mad at Target and how underproduced their minimates were and how they've become the hardest minimates to find other than regular variants in Marvel Waves. Feel free to express about what you feel about the Target Exclusives.

post-3184-1257403098_thumb.jpg

post-3184-1257403115_thumb.jpg

post-3184-1257403131_thumb.jpg

post-3184-1257403143_thumb.jpg

Edited by Secaucuscollector

i have a few words. I want them all i must have them but you are right rare they are the only time i say any i grabbed what i could and it was pheonix and charles x and the bidding got nuts in the end. lost out on the other ones but i watch like a hawk for that ice man he will be added to my collection LOL .Blue moon is saying it right for sure

I just won an Iceman/Wolverine a couple of weeks ago and it only cost $15 shipped which I didn't think was too bad because I've been trying to get one for over a year now without wanting to pay too much and that only leaves me with the Blue Suit Professor X to look for which I really want because I think the tan suit one looks stupid and by the way can anyone tell me when we started posting in only run on sentences?

I remember seeing them way back when. Saw Spider-woman, but had the TRU four-pack with that vairant already, so skipped. Saw Daredevil/GR, and STUPIDLY put it back on the shelf. Last time i saw Minimates at Target was an entire CASE of Wolverine/Icemen. I picked one up for my brother, since he liked Iceman back then, but he didn't want it. I'm so glad i did, because Blue Iceman is now a favorite of mine.

I remember my local Target had Colossus/Nightcrawler 2-packs back in the day, I don't know if they had any of the rarer packs like Wolverine/Iceman and Daredevil/Ghost Rider for sure (although I swear I saw a couple) I just remember going into Target and not really being into minimates yet, I'd pick up the Nightcrawler box and say to myself "Gee, $5 is an awful lot for these!" (I know! I'm in the future also!) put them back down and go about my day.

also: Angry Spider-woman was rare? I got one on Clearance for custom fodder.

What's really sad is most targets ended up clearancing out these. I remember seeing a case of Wolverine/Icemans for a little over a dollar at one store.

Yeah I picked up a few of the GR/DD sets for something like $1.27 each!

I have all of these sets but it was only thanks to a shout out from another member ( thanks Aaron!) who said these were in store when he saw them!

T.

Heck, I didn't even know that Spider Woman was rare! Damn, in those times, I would see that one often. Only if I knew. Does someone here have a comparison of the Spider Women?

I picked the ones I could find up cheap too, but never could find the Prof. X or the Iceman sets. Bummer.

The Ghost Rider was a good variation on the original release but the Daredevil always bugs the Hell outta me when I see it.

While the detail on the chest and mask is great, the fact tha the eyes are painted in a different position from the actual sculpted eyes on the mask makes it seem awkward to me and the lack of glove/boot lines was always kind of a "meh" factor.

It could've been a great figure instead of just an okay one.

I picked the ones I could find up cheap too, but never could find the Prof. X or the Iceman sets. Bummer.

The Ghost Rider was a good variation on the original release but the Daredevil always bugs the Hell outta me when I see it.

While the detail on the chest and mask is great, the fact tha the eyes are painted in a different position from the actual sculpted eyes on the mask makes it seem awkward to me and the lack of glove/boot lines was always kind of a "meh" factor.

It could've been a great figure instead of just an okay one.

yeah, I think Daredevil could use an update myself. I remember finding those on clearance before, I wish I still had that daredevil, but I got out of minimates and that one is tougher to get when I got back into them. Just bought a series 1 DD to make due.

Bearing in mind where I live.... & that I've never even been in a Target.... all 'my' Target sets are from ebay or trades here. I don't think I often take serious 'bragging rights' on anything I own Minimate-wise but I can honestly say that if Target Spider-Woman Wave was rare then I must have been extremely lucky :no: I must have dozens of Spider-woman Riot sets & even more of Kitty bloody Pride sets :rolleyes: About a year (18 months ?) or so ago some guy was trying to unload doses of these on ebay & just couldn't move them.....until the price got so low .....Blah blah blah! Ghost Rider/DD also came for the ride but obviously not in the same numbers.....beautiful set. Target Xavier set & Target Ice-Man were, until recently, on a members 'have' list here.

Have I mentioned the 'hoarding factor' yet in the Price Guide ??

Having checked ebay (5 minutes ago) I can tell you that that the Target rarities remain 'rare' whilst the Kittys , the Angrys & the Colossi etc. remain.....common .