UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Question About the TRU Spider Woman

Cowblaster

Since TRU exclusives have no original pieces

Huh?

I'm pretty sure Spider-Woman's hairpiece was a new sculpt. Remember that she was a "runner-up" (kinda) in the Secret Wars poll and that had things gone a little differently she might have made it to the main boxset instead of being a TRU exclusive.

I agree that it's new. And it's cooler than the first one.

And do all of the other TRU exclusives have re-used parts?

Haha, nope. As we know, Surfer is getting a new board and a stand, Swordsman has his new mask, Hawkeye will have a new Hairpiece (and hopefully bow), the list goes on (i think).

What proof do you have that TRU exclusives have no original pieces?? Hell, look at the GB line. There's TONS of new things there. Even Terminator got gasmasks, and BSG got hairpieces, AND Mini-fliers!!!!! (okay, Previews will have altered versions, but for now they are exclusive pieces). TRU gives us a hell of a lot of new pieces; the only ones that don't are the SAME ones released in LCS waves... :blink:

Haha, nope. As we know, Surfer is getting a new board and a stand, Swordsman has his new mask, Hawkeye will have a new Hairpiece (and hopefully bow), the list goes on (i think).

Do we 'know' Surfer is getting a new board? I think i missed that post. Do we have pics yet?

The reason Ghostbusters, Hawkeye, and everything else mentioned got new pieces is because they are not EXCLUSIVE to TRU. Even the T2 'mates were also released in specialty stores.

Looking at the Ghostbusters TRU wave, we see nothing original parts-wise. All of the ghost figures were made from recycled parts, such as Washington Square ghost using Terror Dog legs, Slimer's body and Lady Deathstrike's hands. Slimer himself is original, but not a TRU exclusive (with the upcoming AFX 2-pack).

I had forgotten that Spider Woman was originally up to be in the Secret Wars box set, so that could account for the unique hair. But otherwise, there is not one minimate made EXCLUSIVLEY FOR Toys R Us that has a brand new anything. Even the BSG mini-flyers were concieved long before the TRU deal came to be. Yes, you may see new minimates there first with new parts, but only because those figures are also meant to be released through regular vendors.

The reason Ghostbusters, Hawkeye, and everything else mentioned got new pieces is because they are not EXCLUSIVE to TRU. Even the T2 'mates were also released in specialty stores.

Looking at the Ghostbusters TRU wave, we see nothing original parts-wise. All of the ghost figures were made from recycled parts, such as Washington Square ghost using Terror Dog legs, Slimer's body and Lady Deathstrike's hands. Slimer himself is original, but not a TRU exclusive (with the upcoming AFX 2-pack).

Librarians hair piece?

T2:

Arnies Minigun/bandolier?

Swat guys gas mask?

and that's just off the top of my head ;)

T.

Librarians hair piece?

T2:

Arnies Minigun?

Swat guys gas mask?

and that's just off the top of my head ;)

T.

pretty sure Old man hawkeyes hair and jacket with quiver on it are pretty much made for this character only, agent zero's coat was pretty much just for him, just a few more off the head...

Jeff of the Miniacs

None of the T2 minimates are labeled as TRU Exclusives (as they were originally intended for wider release).

And I'm pretty sure "Old Man" Hawkeye isn't exclusive to TRU either.

Librarian Ghost's hairpiece is from another figure, I just can't place where I've seen it before (I need to check Minimate Database). It may be from one of the Spirit girls. . . .

A lot of you are pointing to entire TRU assortments, but keep in mind these are not TRU EXCLUSIVES unless they are labled as such with the silver sticker. As you know, much of the Marvel wave at TRU is or will be available in specialty stores later on.

Edited by Cowblaster

A lot of you are pointing to entire TRU assortments, but keep in mind these are not TRU EXCLUSIVES unless they are labled as such with the silver sticker. As you know, much of the Marvel wave at TRU is or will be available in specialty stores later on.

I see what you're saying, but it isn't entirely the case. Swordsman seems to get a new mask for his figure and he's TRU exclusive. Old Man Hawkeye is TRU exclusive. Spider-Woman is TRU exclusive, and I can't find any place that her hair has been used before. Captain Marvel/Photon/Whatever gets new hair and she's TRU exclusive.

For the most part, the TRU exclusives are part reuse, but that doesn't mean they won't slip us a new part or two when its appropriate.

None of the T2 minimates are labeled as TRU Exclusives (as they were originally intended for wider release).

Librarian Ghost's hairpiece is from another figure, I just can't place where I've seen it before (I need to check Minimate Database). It may be from one of the Spirit girls. . . .

You are talking out of your arse!

The Assault Terminator pack was a TRU only Exclusive...

Old man Hawkeye has beeen confirmed as a TRU exclusive, please show me which other waves/packs he's going to be in.

Also go on find the hairpiece from the Librarian... I dare ya because it's not used anywhere else!

You really need to know more about what you are on about before you start pointer fingers and telling others they do not know what they are talking about.

T.

You are talking out of your arse!

The Assault Terminator pack was a TRU only Exclusive...

Old man Hawkeye has beeen confirmed as a TRU exclusive, please show me which other waves/packs he's going to be in.

Also go on find the hairpiece from the Librarian... I dare ya because it's not used anywhere else!

You really need to know more about what you are on about before you start pointer fingers and telling others they do not know what they are talking about.

T.

served.jpg

What Hawkeye?!

Old Blind Hawkeye packed with Old Man Logan for TRU Wave 5 ;)

Oh yeah! I was hopin' I'd missed a classic Clint re-imagining. Hee hee

What Hawkeye?!

Old Blind Hawkeye packed with Old Man Logan for TRU Wave 5 ;)

Oh yeah! I was hopin' I'd missed a classic Clint re-imagining. Hee hee

I have never read anywhere that it says that TRU released minmates are going to only be made from reused parts. I don't know why that thought even popped into your head. There are plenty of new pieces in the TRU exclusive releases. Take a closer look at them and tell me I'm wrong.