UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Infinity Gauntlet Packaging Pictures

Kamsm8

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a Guardians of the Galaxy box with Bug, Mantis, Rocket Raccoon and Starlord or Wraith.

YES! That would be perfect! Though how would Rocket work as a minimate... He's easily my favourite in the book but I'm not sure if a 2inch mate would look right.

Speaking of a boxset, maybe they could make Cosmo in a simular fashion to Terror Dog.

To be honest, I'd be happy with Quasar, either with his classic costume or the one he wore in Annihilation. Hell, make the Annihilation one a variant! Two birds with one stone!

I know precious little about the four characters that come with this set, but it does look cool enough to warrant buying. :D

Really? Well let me tell you precious little about them:

Adam Warlock is an artificially created being who started out as a weapon against the FF. Besides varying degrees of strength and energy powers, Warlock's main abilities seem to be to go into a healing cocoon when badly beaten, and to fail on a cosmic scale. He became the Saviour of the first counter Earth, only to see it eventually destroyed anyway. He had to time travel to kill himself once to keep from enslaving the universe. He got better. Then worse. You get the idea. Adam was in possession of the soul gem for years.

Mephisto wants you to think he's "the Devil". He's not, but he's close enough for most folks.

Drax the Destroyer is a cosmic golem, charged with vast power, animated by the mind of a dead human, and created by Kronos (godlike Eternal) to destroy Kronos' mad nephew Thanos. Drax's soul belongs to Moondragon's father, who Thanos abducted and dissected to learn about humans. (He was unimpressed)

Thanos is probably the single most dangerous being in the 616. He is a mutant Titan Eternal, who has further augmented himself through mystic and technological means. Thanos once fought Thor and Thing together and won. And he's had a power increase since then. Thanos is a devout worshiper of Death, determined to wins his "Dark Lady's" love. To that end, in the story the set is honoring Thanos once assembled six gems, each one that granted infinite control of one aspect of creation, and used them to literally control the universe. His first act was to cut universal population in half. It has 6 issues to get worse from there. Yet Thanos' flaw is that he is smart enough to know that no one being should have the kind of power he obtains, so he subconsciously subverts himself. Thanos has also acted on the side of heroes to defend the universe from other threat, when it's suited him. He's a wonderfully complex character and well worth your time to get to know as a reader. (Yes I am an unapologetic Thanos fan)

Edited by Mirymate

I know precious little about the four characters that come with this set, but it does look cool enough to warrant buying. :D

Adam Warlock is an artificially created being who started out as a weapon against the FF. Besides varying degrees of strength and energy powers, Warlock's main abilities seem to be to go into a healing cocoon when badly beaten, and to fail on a cosmic scale. He became the Saviour of the first counter Earth, only to see it eventually destroyed anyway. He had to time travel to kill himself once to keep from enslaving the universe. He got better. Then worse. You get the idea. Adam was in possession of the soul gem for years.

Mephisto wants you to think he's "the Devil". He's not, but he's close enough for most folks.

Drax the Destroyer is a cosmic golem, charged with vast power, animated by the mind of a dead human, and created by Kronos (godlike Eternal) to destroy Kronos' mad nephew Thanos. Drax's soul belongs to Moondragon's father, who Thanos abducted and dissected to learn about humans. (He was unimpressed)

Thanos is probably the single most dangerous being in the 616. He is a mutant Titan Eternal, who has further augmented himself through mystic and technological means. Thanos once fought Thor and Thing together and won. And he's had a power increase since then. Thanos is a devout worshiper of Death, determined to wins his "Dark Lady's" love. To that end, in the story the set is honoring Thanos once assembled six gems, each one that granted infinite control of one aspect of creation, and used them to literally control the universe. His first act was to cut universal population in half. It has 6 issues to get worse from there. Yet Thanos' flaw is that he is smart enough to know that no one being should have the kind of power he obtains, so he subconsciously subverts himself. Thanos has also acted on the side of heroes to defend the universe from other threat, when it's suited him. He's a wonderfully complex character and well worth your time to get to know as a reader. (Yes I am an unapologetic Thanos fan)

Thats gotta be the clearest explainations of Thanos, Drax, Adam Warlock and Mephisto Ive ever seen. Warlock, to me has always been a weak character. I think that this is supported by your summery of him. His powers constantly change. He has no clear purpose. He vanishes for years at a time. Writers are constantly trying to figure him out and nothing ever sticks. Yet, hes one of Marvels more popular "cosmic" characters... Go figure.

If there was a university that offered "Marvel History 101," they would have to hire you to teach it. ;)

Thank you all for the kind words. Glad to have been a service.

Warlock, to me has always been a weak character. I think that this is supported by your summery of him. His powers constantly change. He has no clear purpose. He vanishes for years at a time. Writers are constantly trying to figure him out and nothing ever sticks. Yet, hes one of Marvels more popular "cosmic" characters... Go figure.

Actually Warlock's complete lack of real purpose is one of the character's main hooks. As an artificially created being, Adam's been searching for some meaning in his life since he gaining sentience. But his understanding and wisdom are generally poor. Warlock has this amazing ability to save the day, yet set in motion events that will makes matters worse all at the same time. Add to that a healthy dose of emotional immaturity, instability, and an addiction to the soul gem, and you have a recurring recipe for disaster. I think he's more popular with writers and editors than with us normal folk. (Like Jim Starlin) I like him in small doses. By the end of the Infinity trilogy, I was ready for him to disappear for a while again.

Who's the purple, "evil" version of Adam Warlock? The one with the big afro and the Shazam! lightning bolt on his chest? I want him as a Minimate.

Isnt that Magus or something like that?

Hoo-boy. The Magus. A guy who features not one but two complicated origins. The first time Adam Warlock encountered the Magus, whoes odd costume was a purple with silver version of the red with gold costume Warlock was wearing at the time, was... deep breath... Warlock's insane evil future self who had gone back in time and established himself as the god of an intergalactic church that looked for all the world like evil space catcholics weilding ank's instead of crosses. It was the 70's, whachagonnado? (this also explains Magus's afro, and Adam's Farrah hair) The only way to retroactively prevent this from happening was for Warlock to go forward in time to just before he goes completely insane, and kill himself. Which of course, he does. (Why the evil catholics, called the Universal Church of Truth, were still around and everyone still remembered the Magus, has never been explained. Again blame the 70's) So flash forward to the end of the Infinity Guantlet, Warlock has possession of the Infinity Gems and is in control of the entirity of creation. So prehaps proving he's a cosmic knuckle head, Warlock's first act is to expell all the good and evil from his soul, so he can be in balance. Of course, these aspects take on physical forms, the good becoming the fanatical Goddess, the evil as a reborn Magus. (but as this was the 90's, Magus now sported the little mini-ponytail) When Magus is eventually redefeated, he reduced to a shade trapped in Warlock's soul gem. Somehow he gets out, but remains a ghost.

I believe the universe, or Adam's own ability to make things worse, has conspired to turn Warlock back into the Magus once again.

So yes, Magus represents almost every mockable SciFi cliche in one single purple pagkage. Oh if only he were a clone!

And yes, he needs to be a minimate, with two hairpieces, please.

I believe the universe, or Adam's own ability to make things worse, has conspired to turn Warlock back into the Magus once again.

Yeah, I heard of something to the effect happening in the WoK tie-in issues of Guardians of the Galaxy, I think. Sounds like that giant tear in the universe the Inhuman T-bomb caused may have exacerbated things in his favor.

So yeah, that sounds about right :P

Great explanation for Thanos, I'm a Thanos superfan myself, and the AFX Thanos mate has always been one of my favorites. However, your Mephisto bio could use more depth. Mepishto is the ruler of a hell like dimension, so when he takes people there they think he is the devil, he just doesnt correct them. He's also the father of Blackheart, one of the most awesome villains ever. He was in a game called Marvel vs Capcom 2, you might have heard of it.

<snip>

However, your Mephisto bio could use more depth.

<snip>

You've got to be the first person in 30 year to accuse me of saying too little about comics. :blink: