UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mass Market SFII 4-Packs Are Out!

Amazing.JL

i work at toys r us.

it might be difficult to locate these 4 packs in any given store. this is because the label on the shipping box says that they belong in the 'cars and trucks' department. At least thats how it was with us.

they obviously don't belong in cars and trucks, so its pretty much up to one of us random employees to pick a spot.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to TRU today, but they didn't have them. I was able to pick up the Speed Racer minis even though I have no interest in them. It was just something to satisfy my craving for more new minimates.

LOL. Man, I hear you on that.

So, anybody in the Pacific NW seen these yet? No new minimates at the two TRU near me (although they did have Darktide...)

i talked to the people at my tru and they said that people in the Midwest would be getting them in about 2 weeks so if that helps any at all its not the Pacific NW but that might mean that you will get them sooner then me

All I know is my TRU gets new shipments on Thursday each week. I'm to call back on Friday and see if anything has landed. Think they'll be tired of me by November?

Still, that's better than Target and the new Marvel 2-packs. They told me try back next month, when they get a new shipment of toys in.

It's always interesting how things sort of pop up in different locations. As I said above, I've found the Steet Fighter sets in the Northwest, and today I saw the Wolverine/Iceman 2-pack at Target, but I still haven't seen Speed Racer around here. Of course, some of it may have to do with different stores more than different states. The Toys R Us closest to my house doesn't have the Street Fighter sets, and tends to get smaller quantities of various products (or doesn't get them at all, like the new Mortal Kombat action figures), while other TRUs in the area have full pegs of such things. I'm sure things will arrive in most areas, and I'm sure people on here can help each other out if that turns out not to be the case.

I finally found these today(along with the Speed Racer minis)in Kansas despite the fact that my local TRU(Missouri)still has nada. It's amazing how stores can be close yet receive their shipments so far apart; lucky I live near the border! The Streetfighter/Darkstalkers are really nice(although I'm not a fan) and have some great accessories. Speed, who I was originally more excited about is a bit of a let-down(as many have already stated); just kind'a...meh. Perhaps if they put out a few more characters(villans)to round the line-out(although probably unlikely based on most people's reaction to this first asst.). I actually thought about putting the SRs back and buying another set of the SF/DS for custom fodder, but just got one of everything to support both lines. I'll probably go back for some more SFs eventually(hopefully series 2!), but I've gotta start saving for some Cylon legions at the moment!!

I found these today at the TRU in Farmington, CT.

Despite frequenting the 4 TRUs within 20 - 30 minutes from my house, this is the first I've seen them. They were on a cart, still in the box, getting ready to be put on the shelf. Just arrived today.

Still no sign of Speed Racer in the area. Most of the stores are in disarray as they move stuff around preparing for the holiday season. Who knows where they may have put them?

Okay, so I can't figure this out. Does this have all that were released in wave 1? Even the variants? What would I have to get to fill out the entire collection?
Nope. Just all the normal guys (no Lilith), Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma. No P2 for you!

Well, I just knew that the first release contained 4 2-packs. One of the figures was a variant and one was a repack (I think M Bison.) So that's 7 figures. I'm wondering if these contain all 7, and if so, who's the 8th?

Sorry for sounding stupid. I could prolly look this up on my own. Im just curious and never really paied attention to the SF mates.

Well, I just knew that the first release contained 4 2-packs. One of the figures was a variant and one was a repack (I think M Bison.) So that's 7 figures. I'm wondering if these contain all 7, and if so, who's the 8th?

Sorry for sounding stupid. I could prolly look this up on my own. Im just curious and never really paied attention to the SF mates.

Its not stupid. After all, your math is sound.

The two 4-packs include Ryu, Akuma, Morrigan, Demitri, M Bison, and Chun Li as the six regular release figures from the first wave. Lillith was the variant, but she's not included in this set. Then you also get Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma, an exclusive set, bundled with the regular six to make 8.