UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Cinema of Fear 3 3/4"

Crayfish™

Is anybody going to be collecting the Cinema of Fear 3.75" figures by Mezco. From what I can tell they are as sturdy as the Hellboy 2 ones they put out and will fit in perfectly to stalk and murder your Joes and Stormtroopers. The first wave which should be out in a week or two includes:

1. Freddy Kreuger

2. Jason Vorhees

3. Leatherface

For those who decide to collect these...please post when you find them.

When these were first announced, they were a no-brainer to me. But since then, my interest in Joes and 3 3/4" figures generally has waned, so now I'm not sure. I think this 3-pack will go for $25+, right? If so, $8-9 each in a multi-pack is pretty dang high for what they are.

When these were first announced, they were a no-brainer to me. But since then, my interest in Joes and 3 3/4" figures generally has waned, so now I'm not sure. I think this 3-pack will go for $25+, right? If so, $8-9 each in a multi-pack is pretty dang high for what they are.

They are not in a three pack. They are individually carded and Toys R Us will have them for $9.99.

Sorry, 3.75" figures are getting expensive

I went ahead and ordered them from BBTS today (my first online store purchase ever). I agree that 3 3/4 inch figures shouldn't cost $10 each but the quality on these are amazing. The 3 3/4 inch Hellboy figure is still one of my most favorite 3.75" figures to this date with tight joints, amazing articulation and the detail on the accessories was incredible (Hellboy's Samaritan pistol would open up to "reload", as well as the Big Baby shotgun plus it had a sling, not to mention the holster actually worked and would close over the gun).

From what I have seen and heard, these are quite similar in detail and feature little goodies as Fredy's hat being removable (although I have no idea why he comes with a garbage can lid), Jason's mask being completely removable (nbot just the face plate part but the whole thing), and Leatherface being being able to hold his chainsaw like a REAL chainsaw...and look normal doing it.

Frankly I wish these would have been only $7.99 but at least they are being made...and who ever thought we would one day have a Star Wars sized Freddy and Jason to wreck havoc on your troops.

Crayfish, please post thoughts and/or pics when/if these arrive. If the quality is as good as they say, then I might have to buy Jason, despite his outrageous price.

I love my Sideshow Friday the 13th Part 3 Jason very much, and the least I could do in appreciation for the joy he has given me is to provide him with a little clone buddy.

Edited by karamazov80

Crayfish, please post thoughts and/or pics when/if these arrive. If the quality is as good as they say, then I might have to buy Jason, despite his outrageous price.

I love my Sideshow Friday the 13th Part 3 Jason very much, and the least I could do in appreciation for the joy he has given me is to provide him with a little clone buddy.

I will, but who knows when I will get them. They are shipping out today and who knows how long that will take.

That is why I hate not being able to go to a store and buy them...THE WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is the quality on these?

Excellent. The joints are a little stiff but not too stiff that you break it when you loosen it. I was a little worried about Freddy when he was in the package but I couldn't quite place my finger on it...then it hit me....he is packaged with his hat on backwards (at least mine was). They hold their weapons extremely tight in their hands so you don't have to worry about that.

Jason comes with his machete and an ax although he can only hold things in his right hand. His mask is removable and he slightly resembles Shanester underneath (JUST KIDDING SHANE).

Freddy's hat is removable and fits quite nicely (as does Jason's mask). In fact they both fit so nicely you wouldn't even know they are removable...now that is saying something. He also cvomes with a garbage can lid but I have no idea why. Anybody know what the hell that is for?

Leatherface comes with a real human severed finger...or maybe the packing person at BBTS had an accident (again...just kidding). Actually he comes with the most impressive 3 3/4 inch scale chainsaw I have ever saw and a mallet.

Each one comes with a circular stand splattered in blood.

If you are a 3 3/4 inch fan then this is a MUST HAVE! Pick up a set...I guarantee you won't be dissapointed.

• 3 weeks later...
My first custom figure ever was a 3 3/4" Jason Voorhees that I made in 1999. Freddy came soon afterwards. I am excited to see what Mezo comes up with. :)

Any chance of seeing that?

Sure, here is the only pic I could find:

jason2.jpg

He is made from Star Wars figures. I used the Endor Soldier figure for Jason's body - it had the shirt, pants and boots that I needed. I carved off the big pockets, and added lots of gory wounds. The head is from The Rancor Keeper, because he's the only bald figure I could find at the time. I just had to cut off his double chin. The mask is cut out of another figure's cape, and then modeled so the nose area had a shape. The machete is from an old GI Joe figure.

I can't believe this was over 10 years ago. :P

• 3 months later...

My Jason fell off the shelf and both legs came off. To be more specific, the pegs connecting the ball joints to his crotch area broke off, so I can't really fix it. Turns out that this is not a very good quality toy.