UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A theory about Bolt Face Ironman

Fearfulsymmetry

minimates were MADE to make fun little comics with. They can look serious and ridiculous in the same panel. Probably why I love em so much. In fact, there are soooo many more minimates than mego, I am surprised Toyfare hasn't switched to using minimates for their twisted toyfare theater.

here is a fun fact: the twisted toyfare theater used to use dc and marvel, however, dc threatened legal action if they continued to use their characters....I guess marvel realized there is no bad publicity.

moc847

Edited by murderofcrows

minimates were MADE to make fun little comics with. They can look serious and ridiculous in the same panel. Probably why I love em so much. In fact, there are soooo many more minimates than mego, I am surprised Toyfare hasn't switched to using minimates for their twisted toyfare theater.

Well, Toyfare did grant Minimates their first Hall of Fame award, didn't they? :D

However if we can get petulant fanboys complaining about everything from a soda's taste to a movie being "too good", then I wouldn't be surprised at the thought of Twisted Mego purists :ermm:

Fortunately, that's what we got the Internet (and webcomics) for ;)

here is a fun fact: the twisted toyfare theater used to use dc and marvel, however, dc threatened legal action if they continued to use their characters....I guess marvel realized there is no bad publicity.

moc847

After that incident, Toyfare introduced Bat-pumpkin and his sidekick Squash. Two of the greatest and most original characters ever created.

They actually did a minimates theatre in addition to the regular twisted toyfare when minimates first came around. It focused on the venom mate with the tongue licking a pole in the snow and getting stuck, and I think the hulk mate pulled his head off. And its still good, but used to be way better. It lost some speed when Tom Root left to costart robot chicken. If Robot chicken did an episode focused around spidey, the hulk, conan and thor, than that would be a great nod to the old toyfare days.

As for the DC thing, spidey has made several in jokes in TTT about the situation that are always hilarious. They even reshot old strips and replaced the DC guys with marvel guys so they could reprint the strips in their volumes. The original Villain Jeapordy didnt have Modok or the Red Skull in the green jumpsuit. The had Mr Mind and a redskull custom in a Nazi Outfit.

Ive been saying crap in a hat here for years and no one ever got it. Its taken you guys too long to talk about toyfare. but this is pleasing none the less.